Post here your Elvis' pictures

Graceland - March 7, 1960

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 am

600307.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Graceland - March 7, 1960

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:08 am

This may have been taken for the Memphis Press-Scimitar's coverage of Elvis' return home.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:This may have been taken for the Memphis Press-Scimitar's coverage of Elvis' return home.

Thanks Doc.

It's interesting that most photos showing Elvis with this cake have this perspective, where you can read "Welcome Home Elvis" on top, and "Jail House Rock" and "Hound Dog" on the sides.

I've only found one photo showing the other side of the cake, but it's a extremely small one, and I can't make out, not even zooming in, what's written there - probably another song title.

Also, in this small photo we can see a photographer, so there was more than one person taking pictures.

600307 b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:39 am

Mister Moon wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:This may have been taken for the Memphis Press-Scimitar's coverage of Elvis' return home.

Thanks Doc.

It's interesting that most photos showing Elvis with this cake have this perspective, where you can read "Welcome Home Elvis" on top, and "Jail House Rock" and "Hound Dog" on the sides.

I've only found one photo showing the other side of the cake, but it's a extremely small one, and I can't make out, not even zooming in, what's written there - probably another song title.

Also, in this small photo we can see a photographer, so there was more than one person taking pictures.

That's probably the Memphis Press-Scimitar photographer, maybe even Bill E. Burk.

The song title facing Elvis is "Heartbreak Hotel."

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's probably the Memphis Press-Scimitar photographer, maybe even Bill E. Burk.

The song title facing Elvis is "Heartbreak Hotel."

Yes, I can see it now !

Thanks a lot, Doc.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 pm

he looks lost in most of those cake pictures

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 am

Mister Moon wrote:..........

There were more than likely even more than two people taking photos - there was even someone filming the little incident.

If you look at the clip below you can see quite a few people walking around Elvis, probably majority of them being reporters of some sort and many seem to be carrying something with them.

phpBB [video]

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:03 pm

onelove wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:..........

There were more than likely even more than two people taking photos - there was even someone filming the little incident.

If you look at the clip below you can see quite a few people walking around Elvis, probably majority of them being reporters of some sort and many seem to be carrying something with them.

phpBB [video]

Thank you, onelove.

You're right. I had forgotten about this footage. This appeared in the home video version of "This is Elvis", I think.

With his natural hair color, Elvis' is wearing the best haircut in the history of the whole universe.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Here is an improved version of the first photo posted as featured in the fed book Welcome Home Elvis.
With thanks
David

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 pm

One of my favorite photos from March 7, 1960…

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks a lot davide and EPA. Great photos, indeed !

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:57 pm

matilda wrote:he looks lost in most of those cake pictures

I guess after two years in the army he was still getting acquainted with his new status. :)

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:36 am

Gladys.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Gladys.

Excactly what it is.
i really feel sorry for him sometimes :(

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:06 pm

well, i never believed the bs that elvis was heartbroken ( he had before...while and after the breakup with his wife several girls in the line)when cilla left him (just bruised ego) and therefore took pills and sang "what now my love" and all those other songs as a tribute to their broken marriage blaba....
but its clear that he felt strange and not happy.....coming the first time home...and see his mansion without his mom....
and photographer clicking away......its obvious...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Indeed, he looks melancholic here.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Were these awesome but sad pics taken before or after the press conference in Vernon's office?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Joe Car wrote:Were these awesome but sad pics taken before or after the press conference in Vernon's office?

I think it was before.

Here's the Elvis - Post Army Interview clip…

phpBB [video]

Although Elvis sounds good and having some fun answering reporter’s questions, it doesn't seem like he's actually feeling good about being back home at Graceland.