Post here your Elvis' pictures

Possibly My best Colorization

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:05 pm

I had done this publicity shot yesterday. I know some people aren't too fond of colorized photos, but I felt proud enough of this one to share it! I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thank You! :D
Image

(I know the watermark is a bit ridiculous, but I've seen things happened where photos colorized by other people end up on bootlegs and things of that sort. So that's why. :? )

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 pm

You do very nice, subtle and accurate work. I'm pretty sure this particular portrait session, done for "Love Me Tender," was shot in true color, though.

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 pm

We haven't seen any in color John. All the shots we have from that shoot are in b&w.
http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/L ... ender-1956

That doesn't mean that there isn't any in color of course lol,
Would be nice to see them if there is

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:We haven't seen any in color John. All the shots we have from that shoot are in b&w.
http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/L ... ender-1956

That doesn't mean that there isn't any in color of course lol,
Would be nice to see them if there is


That link makes pretty clear legendary 20th Century Fox portrait specialist Frank Powolny took true color images during his sessions with Presley. Perhaps if more negatives are found, there will be additional color photos to enjoy.


560905_Love Me Tender PR shot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 am

Nicely done , thanks

mobile reply

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:24 am

You got the colors about as perfect as can be. Adding a little "Vibrance" just about puts the icing on the cake. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:06 am

Thank you everybody. I appreciate the kind words and feedback! I gotta say probably the fact that the photos were original photos were taken in color added to the realism of the colorized photo. If I get the chance to, ill try to correct the color of the shirt, hair and background to the one color print from that session. :wink:

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:55 am

Near perfect!

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 am

Do not like colourised photo's. Personally i think it's vandalism...leave things as they originally were.

Just my personal thoughts.

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:34 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Do not like colourised photo's. Personally i think it's vandalism...leave things as they originally were.

Just my personal thoughts.

So what you are saying is since he colorized this photo the original doesn't exist any longer?

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 pm

emshicks321 wrote:I had done this publicity shot yesterday. I know some people aren't too fond of colorized photos, but I felt proud enough of this one to share it! I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thank You! :D
Image

(I know the watermark is a bit ridiculous, but I've seen things happened where photos colorized by other people end up on bootlegs and things of that sort. So that's why. :? )


I'm not a fan of colorized photos, but this looks amazing!

::rocks

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 am

promiseland wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:Do not like colourised photo's. Personally i think it's vandalism...leave things as they originally were.

Just my personal thoughts.

So what you are saying is since he colorized this photo the original doesn't exist any longer?

No, that is not what i'm saying. Whats the point in colourising a photo that was originally taken in black & white? Whats the point in doing this or the purpose?

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:00 am

To imagine what it looked like in the real world, which is in color.

The negative is not destroyed. The print still exists. It's just a thought experiment that requires creative skill.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:06 am

Let me elaborate. Being born as a Late Boomer, when color TV was becoming normal as I went through childhood, the world before that time looks "black and white" to me.

Watching the newer WWII in HD color films almost seems "fake." But it's REAL! Just not to me because it was always seen in black and white. Kind of a shock in color.

The world was not presented realistically before the 1960s, or thereabouts. Nice to see what it might have actually looked like if I had been alive then.

That's it. (And I adore black and white photography.)

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

rjm wrote:To imagine what it looked like in the real world, which is in color.

The negative is not destroyed. The print still exists. It's just a thought experiment that requires creative skill.

rjm

Sent via mobile

:lol: ::rocks

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 am

Really looks good! Nice job.

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 am

Looks great! :)

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks Again for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I've finally made changes to match up the colors from the one color photo we have from this session.

Image ::rocks

Re: Possibly My best Colorization

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:29 am

Nicely done, thanks. I have no problem with colorizing pictures. Why would anyone? It is a different perspective, and takes nothing away from the original.