Post here your Elvis' pictures

Jimmy Saville meeting Elvis

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 am

Did Jimmy Saville meet Elvis twice or more often?
Was he already engaged in his disgusting behaviour by the time he met Elvis or did this start later?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jimmy Saville meeting Elvis

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:50 am

Knowing what we know now I don't think its a good idea posting pictures of Elvis with that creep.

norrie

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 am

I think I'd close this thread. Saville was a complete sicko.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:52 am

For those curious minded.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72533&start=300&hilit=Jimmy+Saville

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Dirty old bastard

Jimmy Saville meeting Elvis

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Do you know Johnny Rotten insinuated back in 1978 during an interview that Saville was rumored to be a pedo?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy8oLVOvi4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:04 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Do you know Johnny Rotten insinuated back in 1978 during an interview that Saville was rumored to be a pedo?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy8oLVOvi4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, we discussed it here just a few months ago:

John Lydon (Sex Pistols) outs Jimmy Savile in 1978
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81820

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:13 pm

norrie wrote:Knowing what we know now...

norrie

What was known already way before he died. Everyone has since jumped on the bandwagon.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 pm

DISGUSTING I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS WEIRD

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:02 pm

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:DISGUSTING I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS WEIRD

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:22 am

They ban episodes of Top of the pops with him in them, but they still screen ones with Michael Jackson in them!! Double standards from the BBC.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 am

With all of the disassociations occurring with Rolf Harris over the past 24 hours, I wonder if this recording will ever get banished? I doubt it!

phpBB [video]

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 am

Are there any photos of Elvis meeting Rolf Harris?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Are there any photos of Elvis meeting Rolf Harris?

no but Harris met Saville (made a painting of Saville)

paintings Harris made of Elvis.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:29 pm

I have a copy of the 1965 British 78 record of The Inauguration of the Elvis Presley Appreciation Society in Nr Mint condition.

Back in the 90's i paid about £50 for it which was a good price. A few years ago it was selling on Ebay for between £100-£200 but now i would be lucky to get £20 for it.

All because one of the people who was hosting it was Jimmy Savile :(

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Was reading some Elvis Monthlies recently and came across this 1995 interview with Todd Slaughter, naming Saville as his 'God' and also talks about his supposed retirement and how he hopes to live for a few more years after his 1994 heart transplant.
image.jpg

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:14 pm

It's a pity Savile isn't around to defend himself. It's difficult to know how much of a "dirty old bastard" he was. People can say anything they want about him and get paid compensation. He always did seem very strange though.

There's only a four year period between those photos with Elvis. Wild in the Country - Roustabout and yet Savile looks like he's aged about 30 years between them.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 am

Didn't Colonel wear a similar white coat as Savile is wearing during Elvis' 1969 press conference in Las Vegas after his opening show?
Could this therefore be a coat that Colonel sugested pr ordered Savile to wear during their second meeting?

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 am

charro1971 wrote:It's a pity Savile isn't around to defend himself. It's difficult to know how much of a "dirty old bastard" he was. People can say anything they want about him and get paid compensation. He always did seem very strange though.

You've got to be kidding. You have pity for this man? Do your homework and you won't have as much "difficulty" understanding his long history of abuse.

whatsupdoc wrote:Didn't Colonel wear a similar white coat as Savile is wearing during Elvis' 1969 press conference in Las Vegas after his opening show?
Could this therefore be a coat that Colonel sugested pr ordered Savile to wear during their second meeting?

Yes, Parker did. And at other public engagements similar sartorial PR may be seen. The garish lab coat on Saville was given to him by management to wear.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
charro1971 wrote:It's a pity Savile isn't around to defend himself. It's difficult to know how much of a "dirty old bastard" he was. People can say anything they want about him and get paid compensation. He always did seem very strange though.

You've got to be kidding. You have pity for this man? Do your homework and you won't have as much "difficulty" understanding his long history of abuse.

whatsupdoc wrote:Didn't Colonel wear a similar white coat as Savile is wearing during Elvis' 1969 press conference in Las Vegas after his opening show?

Yes, Parker did. And at other public engagements similar sartorial PR may be seen. The garish lab coat on Saville was given to him by management to wear.

I don't feel any sympathy for Savile but I am annoyed by the hundreds who make these claims about him, which cannot be defended by anyone or investigated properly. One would think that SOME of them are lying to just get money.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:30 am

charro1971 wrote:I don't feel any sympathy for Savile but I am annoyed by the hundreds who make these claims about him, which cannot be defended by anyone or investigated properly. One would think that SOME of them are lying to just get money.

There have not been "hundreds" of claims in the media, but the victims who have stepped forward have given extremely credible testimony, which is why the story created a lot of noise.

Again I suggest you educate yourself on this topic before expressing any further annoyances regarding poor old Sir Jimmy.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
charro1971 wrote:I don't feel any sympathy for Savile but I am annoyed by the hundreds who make these claims about him, which cannot be defended by anyone or investigated properly. One would think that SOME of them are lying to just get money.

There have not been "hundreds" of claims in the media, but the victims who have stepped forward have given extremely credible testimony, which is why the story created a lot of noise.

Again I suggest you educate yourself on this topic before expressing any further annoyances regarding poor old Sir Jimmy.

"poor old Sir Jimmy"?

Looks like you're the one who feels sympathy for him.

And yes there have been "hundreds of claims". Check the Jimmy Savile wikipedia entry.

Read before you challenge other people's comments. You looked a right fool the other day when not knowing that Peggy Elzea sadly passed away before her and Kieran Davis' book was published, especially since the introduction to the book (which you said you have) mentions it. I didn't go on about it because I respect you and your vast Elvis knowledge. I considered it a 1 in 1000 slip-up from the FECC expert. :wink:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:30 am

Another 'slip up' is keeping on denigrating MRS' products without reason. :facep:

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Saville can burn in the fires - he was a nonce who hurt kids, end of. I think anything linking him to Elvis is misjudged - as he would have just been using Elvis' fame to provide himself with a stream of innocent young fans... shame no-one at the BBC or the authorities listened to the few people brave enough to speak out in the seventies. Then again, considering our PM was Edward Heath...

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Are there any photos of Elvis meeting Rolf Harris?

:D

I read online last week that there are calls for Kate Bush to remove his contributions on 3 of her songs.