Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
TheKingisthething
Registered for: 10 years

Your list of essential Elvis footage

Post by TheKingisthething »

Hi y'all out there!!

My name is Erwin , and I am new at this forum... I live in The Netherlands and have been an Elvis fan for 36 years now starting around the age of 10...

Your guys seem to have a great time and I really appreciated the expertise and love laid out in this place...

I don't know if this subject has been tackled already...

But if you were made a list with the most essential/for the ages/ready to knock the socks off of anyone who ever was in doubt about the elemental power and importance of the King as a singer and perfomer....performace footage... what would be on it...

My ultimate list (for now, I keep changing a bit all the time...)

Shake, Rattle and Roll- Dorsey Brothers Stage Show-his first TV appearance and a wild one!

Baby Let's Play House-Dorsey Brothers Stage Show-The only fifties footage of a Sun classic....

Money Honey-Dorsey Brothers Stage Show-the music and dark setting must scared some parents in those days..

Heartbreak Hotel/ I am not sure to go for a Dorsey version (of course not the one with that desctructive orchestra) or the first Milton Berle Show..

Blue Suede Shoes/ Milton Berle.. the best filmed version

Hound Dog/ Milton Berle no explanation needed...

I want you, I need you I Love you.. Steve Allen for me the nicest example of a classic fifties Elvis ballad filmed live

Long Tall Sally/ Tupelo (prefer this much more than the more "cute" Ready Teady of the Sullivan show)

Hound Dog / second Sullivan show most complete version on the Sullivan Show and making a very nice contrast with the Berle version, love the handclapping of Elvis at the last part..

Don't Be Cruel/ third Sullivan show - that look! the hair, the outfit....sings it quite better then the studio versio too

Jailhouse Rock from Jailhouse Rock... my only non live preformance choice a classic.... the mother of all music video clips..

Hound Dog Tupelo 1957... only the film exist... but there are version dubbed with the 1956 Tupleo Hound Dog version.. and it works well!!

Stuck on You / Sinatra special... bit of doubt if it belongs with the very greatest of filmed performances sometime I do sometimes I don't but it captures him in a quite a differnt style of performing.. naaw it's actually very good!!

Comeback special:

Stand up show:

Heartbreakhotel/medley (the version slected for the final edit)

Blue Suede Shoes from the same show (some mistake, missed cues but rocking!)

Jailhouse Rock/ also as shown on the final broadcast

Sit down show:

Trying to get to you

Lawdy Miss Clawdy

Tiger Man

One Night

If I Can Dream (white suit version)

From TTWI:

Polk Salad Annie

I Got a Woman

Sucpicious Minds

Mystery Train/Tigerman

Patch it Up

1972 C.C RIDER Hampton Roads

Madison Square Garden: That's All Right

Aloha:

Steam Roller Blues,

Big Hunk O'Love

Amercan Trilogy

I have tried to see them all at once and in this order and even with almost all material being exteremely familiar it actually blows your mind...

Curious about more/ other suggestions ( I am short on the ballads I know... but the version that exist on film are in my opion not the best..... however I migh add some from TTWWI..

Really curious what you guys think...

Gitchops83

Re: Your list of essential Elvis footage

Post by Gitchops83 »

What now my love and American trilogy from aloha rehearsal concert are 2 of my all time favorite pieces of concert footage