Post here your Elvis' pictures

1969 pictures i never seen

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:29 pm

i never seen these nice photos from 1969 , i hope they are new to you also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1969 pictures i never seen

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Elvis looked fantastic in '69. Great photos.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

I took the 2nd one (my husband shook his hand that night!!) taken Aug.18th/69 midnight show! So lucky to have seen 2 shows in '69!!!!....................I still can't get over it!!! I'll never forget it even though it was practically 45 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! We flew down from Canada (youth fare-cheap) - a couple at our table from Texas paid for our show on the 18th!!! We got up front for tipping only $2.00 (hey all the US money looks the same!) How lucky was that? - we came home with 15 cents in our pockets.............what great memories!!!! :D :D :D

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 am

Barbie wrote:I took the 2nd one (my husband shook his hand that night!!) taken Aug.18th/69 midnight show! So lucky to have seen 2 shows in '69!!!!....................I still can't get over it!!! I'll never forget it even though it was practically 45 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! We flew down from Canada (youth fare-cheap) - a couple at our table from Texas paid for our show on the 18th!!! We got up front for tipping only $2.00 (hey all the US money looks the same!) How lucky was that? - we came home with 15 cents in our pockets.............what great memories!!!! :D :D :D

Wonderful pictures, fantastic story. Thank you.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 am

Thank you, Barbie. Lucky!!!!!! ;)

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm

thank you so much BARBIE for comming across this thread and sharing your info and memories .
I do appoligise but i did not know who they belong to , how vary nice it is to know the circumstances
and person behind such wonderful pictures and memories . :D :D ::rocks

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Barbie wrote:I took the 2nd one (my husband shook his hand that night!!) taken Aug.18th/69 midnight show! So lucky to have seen 2 shows in '69!!!!....................I still can't get over it!!! I'll never forget it even though it was practically 45 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! We flew down from Canada (youth fare-cheap) - a couple at our table from Texas paid for our show on the 18th!!! We got up front for tipping only $2.00 (hey all the US money looks the same!) How lucky was that? - we came home with 15 cents in our pockets.............what great memories!!!! :D :D :D

What a moment to remember! I have your photo in my collection for ages now. Maybe your original photo looks much better, but my version needed some color correction and also some cleaning. Hope you like the result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Yes it looks better now............................the original looks better too...........................the other 2 great ones I took that nite have been on this site too.........................he was like "the atomic powered singer" those nights for sure! I'll never forget those shows!!!!!!................my favourite shows are from '69, '70 and '71..................(of the ones I saw!) of course I loved all the rest right up to '76!!!............never ever saw a bad show but in my view Elvis was never the same from April 73 onward.............(from the shows I saw, that little sparkle in his eye was gone, something was missing........sad......?.) but that's just my opinion.................in the old days you traded pictures with everyone and these pictures are all over books and everywhere..no credits ever given.......we've put out a few bootlegs with some credit.......and when I think of all the trouble getting these pictures/shows of Elvis, all the travelling, flights, driving to see Elvis, one time I drove over 1000 miles without stopping to see him in Tahoe, kinda makes me a bit mad..................... :roll:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:35 am

Wonderful memories. Thanks a lot.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Barbie and motleycrue.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Barbs, you're one of the privy few. Thanks for sharing the story.