Post here your Elvis' pictures

What is this in the Belt area?

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:28 pm

I found this pic of the Dragon Suit..what is this in the Belt area? The same I saw on the Tigersuit....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What is this in the Belt area?

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Strips of velcro with hooks, to attach to the belt in an attempt to keep it in place.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Ok thx...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:17 pm

They weren't on the suits when Elvis owned / wore them - they've been put there by graceland for display purposes, as Elvisjock pointed out, for the belts to fasten to and not droop.

Looks awful when the belts aren't there.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 am

DarrylMac wrote:They weren't on the suits when Elvis owned / wore them - they've been put there by graceland for display purposes, as Elvisjock pointed out, for the belts to fasten to and not droop.

This shows how EPE respects jumpsuits ... What a shame ...

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 am

:wtf:

That looks awful, never saw it before..... :evil:

Ed

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 am

I think there WERE on the suits when Elvis wore them. On some pictures you can even see it.
But I don't recall it on the 1974 suits.
From memory I know there is a live pic of the blue bicentennial where you can see it.

Not visible on live pics from 1974. So those definitely were added for display purposes. Ashame. I hope they also removed them again when they had the suits on mannequins.

DarrylMac wrote:They weren't on the suits when Elvis owned / wore them - they've been put there by graceland for display purposes, as Elvisjock pointed out, for the belts to fasten to and not droop.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 am

Totally disrespect for the suits form EPE

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:35 am

Okay, found one.
This is a pic of the white bicentennial and you can CLEARLY see the exact same velcro and hook on the suit, WHILE Elvis is wearing it. So no alterations by Graceland afterwards.

Therefore there is a slight possibility that these velcro and hooks were added upon Elvis' request in case he would want to wear these suits again. And perhaps not be done by EPE after all.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 am

I disagree - there's no velcro in that photo. There is some sort of rectangular crease, perhaps where the belt buckle had been pressing in to the fabric, but close inspection show's there's no velcro there.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:31 am

Helps explain why some shots of him, particularly in '74 wearing the Tiger suit, shows his belt being worn too high.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:44 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Helps explain why some shots of him, particularly in '74 wearing the Tiger suit, shows his belt being worn too high.

Jim - no-one is suggesting those velcro strips were on the dragon or tiger suit while Elvis was wearing them. They've been put there by Graceland for display purposes so the belts stay up on the mannequin stands they use, which is a terrible way to treat the suits - that's the issue.

If you look at the photo of the dragon suit, they've stuck the velcro over some of the pattern, above the feet. Here on this photo from 74, you can clearly see that velcro isn't there.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 pm

And why they didnt took the original inca belt on the suit? The Indian Feather had 2 belts....We know that El changed the Buckle After the Indianhead didnt hold anymore on the buckle with the Indian Beltbuckle..but Elvis wore this Combination too ...so why they give the Incasuit Not the original belt back in the Display?

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:56 pm

It´s velcro in gipsy too? :shock:

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Last edited by Energy Catalyzer on Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:38 am

The strips were made for the suits when Elvis used them. No doubt about it.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am

elvisjock wrote:The strips were made for the suits when Elvis used them. No doubt about it.

Not on the dragon and tiger suits, as posted. Those strips have clearly been added later.

I remain to be convinced about the gypsy or bicentennial suits.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:04 am

The strips were made for the suits when Elvis used them. No doubt about it.

all velcro, have been placed by EPE in order to present the belt correctly on each jumpsuit,and it would be interesting to ask the confrmation at B & K Enterprises

Thu May 08, 2014 6:22 pm

A photo that has popped up for auction that is pretty well related to the discussion - it does seem like some suits did indeed have velcro placed on the belt area even when Elvis was still wearing them. Neat little detail.

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Elvis- ... 4d1cde5117
drycleaners.jpg

Thu May 08, 2014 6:37 pm

The auction for this buckle is a FAKE!!!

In one of the auctions they even have the wrong buckle! And someone paid 2000 US for it!!

Energy Catalyzer wrote:
Rami-Vegas wrote:And why they didnt took the original inca belt on the suit? The Indian Feather had 2 belts....We know that El changed the Buckle After the Indianhead didnt hold anymore on the buckle with the Indian Beltbuckle..but Elvis wore this Combination too ...so why they give the Incasuit Not the original belt back in the Display?

http://rareelvispresley.vraiforum.com/t ... -Capes.htm

Thu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm

In "Elvis: We Love You Tender," Ricky states that they "hung his belts." Once I saw the velcro and the hooks, I knew what he meant.

EPE keeps the Sundial belt in place with wads of cotton, partially concealed in the back.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 am

DarrylMac wrote:
elvisjock wrote:The strips were made for the suits when Elvis used them. No doubt about it.

Not on the dragon and tiger suits, as posted. Those strips have clearly been added later.

I remain to be convinced about the gypsy or bicentennial suits.

In the bicentennial photo above, you really don't notice the two horizontal triangle sequins above his belt which are sewn into the velcro pattern on the suit? There's another group of them by his elbow. You can clearly see the velcro in that photo. It's not a crease.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:19 am

javierTCB wrote:It´s velcro in gipsy too? :shock:

So had Elvis dropped 5 kilos, that rectangular motif would sit n the top edge of his belt, so in all other instances, its risen due to his 'bullet proof vest", is that right?