Post here your Elvis' pictures

Original Elvis photo 1956 Ebay

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Here is a new Ebay listing for an original Elvis with Nick Adams photo at Audubon Drive in Memphis. Thought some may be interested in this.

Bradley Tierney From the eBay description: "E.P. AT HOME W/NICK ADAMS IN BACKGROUND DECEMBER 1956.. 1034 AUDUBON DRIVE @MEMPHIS TENNESSEE APROX. 3 1/2 X 5 INCL. BORDER B/W GLOSSY SNAPSHOT...OLD PHOTO NOT A NEW COPY..BACK IS STAMPED WITH OLD KODAK VELOX PAPER..56 YEAR OLD PHOTO DEVELOPED AND DATE STAMPED TOP BORDER MARCH 1958..SLIGHT DISCOLORATION TOP BORDER..BACK NOT AS YELLOW AS SCAN SHOWS."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Original Elvis photo 1956 Ebay

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 pm

What a great pic! Thanks again bluejeans1944!

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Thanks a lot, bluejeans1944. That's a fantastic picture ! Who may the man in the hat standing beside Nick be ?

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm

bluejeans1944 wrote:Here is a new Ebay listing for an original Elvis with Nick Adams photo at Audubon Drive in Memphis. Thought some may be interested in this.

Bradley Tierney From the eBay description: "E.P. AT HOME W/NICK ADAMS IN BACKGROUND DECEMBER 1956.. 1034 AUDUBON DRIVE @MEMPHIS TENNESSEE APROX. 3 1/2 X 5 INCL. BORDER B/W GLOSSY SNAPSHOT...OLD PHOTO NOT A NEW COPY..BACK IS STAMPED WITH OLD KODAK VELOX PAPER..56 YEAR OLD PHOTO DEVELOPED AND DATE STAMPED TOP BORDER MARCH 1958..SLIGHT DISCOLORATION TOP BORDER..BACK NOT AS YELLOW AS SCAN SHOWS."

561100_w Nick Adams 1034 Audubon_Memphis_Benson.JPG

Neat find. Here's the eBay page link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-NICK-ADAMS-AUDUBON-DR-MEMPHIS-TN-1956-KODAK-VELOX-56-YR-OLD-PHOTO-/121284826372

Although the seller claim is "never published," I posted it on FECC in September 2010, and someone noted it had been up on eBay by the original photographer, Steve Benson. Also, it's not from 1958.

Elvis Greets The Fans --> Audubon House, November 1956
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56106&p=816835

Here's the copy on my topic, it's better quality, and less cropped:

Elvis, with friend Nick Adams, Greets Fans at the fence, 1034 Audubon, Memphis (Nov 1956)
Photographer: Steve Benson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:30 am

It is funny because it less cropped from the right but not the left part ...

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bluejeans1944 wrote:Here is a new Ebay listing for an original Elvis with Nick Adams photo at Audubon Drive in Memphis. Thought some may be interested in this.

561100_w Nick Adams 1034 Audubon_Memphis_Benson.JPG

Neat find. Here's the eBay page link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-NICK-ADAMS-AUDUBON-DR-MEMPHIS-TN-1956-KODAK-VELOX-56-YR-OLD-PHOTO-/121284826372

Although the seller claim is "never published," I posted it on FECC in September 2010, and someone noted it had been up on eBay by the original photographer, Steve Benson. Also, it's not from 1958.

Elvis Greets The Fans --> Audubon House, November 1956
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56106&p=816835

Here's the copy on my topic, it's better quality, and less cropped:

Elvis, with friend Nick Adams, Greets Fans at the fence, 1034 Audubon, Memphis (Nov 1956)
Photographer: Steve Benson

It's only less cropped on the right side and yours is more cropped on the left, but my question is how can this be if the Ebay photo is an original Kodak with the time stamp? Could it be possible that the original negative was taken to different processors who's photo paper was of slightly different formats?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 pm

It's only less cropped on the right side and yours is more cropped on the left, but my question is how can this be if the Ebay photo is an original Kodak with the time stamp? Could it be possible that the original negative was taken to different processors who's photo paper was of slightly different formats?

Or maybe the border has been photoshopped onto the picture that was posted here a few years back. Many people make a living selling pictures on Ebay. Caveat emptor

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 am

Memphis wrote:

Or maybe the border has been photoshopped onto the picture that was posted here a few years back. Many people make a living selling pictures on Ebay. Caveat emptor

I would think highly unlikely with this sellers feedback . It would be very, very hard to try to pass this off as original if it were a Photoshop reproduction.
I would still just guess years ago the person had the negative processed at two different places to make more copies, and the differences being the way the photo was centered to the paper. Most photos at the time were almost always cropped somewhat to account for the borders and retain size during processing.