Post here your Elvis' pictures

RARE - Backstage with Norway fans 1974.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Found these 2 photos yesterday at the Coventry, UK Elvis collectors' fair. These 2 pics were NOT published in the 1974 book "Elvis pa kloss hold". They are totally new to my eyes. Elvis is with Pal Granlund and Yngvar Holm from the Norwegian Fan Club. What a find!!! :D Excuse the flash from my camera.
BACKSTAGE 74.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: RARE - Backstage with Norway fans 1974.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Just to add, I didn't pay a lot for these, but I may scan these a bit better at a later stage if necessary.
Also, I include the letter Elvis sent to the guys from Norway.
Norway letter..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:47 am

From Paul´s Elvis Page:

These were taken in Elvis dressing room on January 30, 1974. On the photo with Yngvar Holm, Elvis receives several policebadges from the police in Oslo, which he greatly appreciated. And in the photo with Pål he gets a book with greetings from the Norwegian fans. Elvis signed some of Yngvar's photos taken in Uniondale the year before and even greeted the fans in Norway through Pål's microphone...the Col. did not like that too much.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 974LV.html

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 am

Tony.. wrote:Just to add, I didn't pay a lot for these, but I may scan these a bit better at a later stage if necessary.
Also, I include the letter Elvis sent to the guys from Norway.
Norway letter..jpg

Elvis didn't send the letter after the visit. It was pre-written by Yngvar himself, and Elvis signed it during the actual meeting. After checking with the Colonel that is: "Okay Elvis, you can sign it".

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:51 pm

That seems incredible that Elvis did not compose that letter. It sounds like the type of thing he would say and do. I'm glad I bought these photos even though they seem to have been uploaded before; mine are less cropped and very clear.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Those are great shots Tony, i think he looks very cool.
The quality of your pics is great and uncropped, thanks for sharing.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Nice photos.