Post here your Elvis' pictures

"Loving You" soundtrack session - January '57

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:48 pm

UPDATE/later edit;

Below is a nice photo from one of the "Loving You" soundtrack sessions.
See posts further down for more specific information.

a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by onelove on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: In the recording studio...?

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:57 pm

January or February 1957 sessions Loving You , thank you ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: In the recording studio...?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 am

onelove wrote:Does anyone know when, and more importantly, where this photo was taken?

I thought it looked like a shot from a recording session but with my limited photo sources, I can't seem to match it to anything really. And I'm probably way off with my guess anyway, so any help would be appreciated.

This is Elvis working on the "Loving You" soundtrack, at the Paramount Scoring Stage M in Los Angeles, probably taken on Tuesday, January 15, 1957. They waxed versions of "(Let's Have A) Party" and "Lonesome Cowboy" that day.

Re: "Loving You" soundtrack session - January '57

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for the additional photo and very specific infos.

At first I thought about the Radio Recorders "Loving You" sessions but obviously they just didn't match with the OP photo - luckily there are always people who have better sources to solve problems like this. Thanks again to both.

Re: "Loving You" soundtrack session - January '57

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

onelove wrote:Thanks for the additional photo and very specific infos.

At first I thought about the Radio Recorders "Loving You" sessions but obviously they just didn't match with the OP photo - luckily there are always people who have better sources to solve problems like this. Thanks again to both.

My pleasure to help out. He was a busy kid in January 1957.