Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: photo of Sandi holding Elvis' cape fringe jumpsuit

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

MaryAnn wrote:Thanks, also, to VEGAS74 for posting the photo and scans from Bud Glass' book, "Behind the Image," Vol 1.

The girl in the photo is Sandi Miller.

I love the "Behind The Image" books, some great 'casual' photos of Elvis.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:47 pm

The Pirate wrote:Sandi Miller may well be the girl holding up the jumpsuit, because the blonde haired girl is merely holding up one of the sleeves. If you look, you can see a pair of feet directly under the main body of the suit.

Excellent observation!

So what we need to ask Sandi Miller is:

- are those your feet we see below the stage outfit?
- who is the young lady holding the left sleeve?

It's always nice to have another pair of keen eyes helping out on topics like this. ;-)

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:14 am

I don´t know. Maybe that is Sandi holding the cape. Here´s Sandi with Charlie in Minneapolis in 1971.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:43 am

The fool wrote:I don´t know. Maybe that is Sandi holding the cape. Here´s Sandi with Charlie in Minneapolis in 1971.

I don't think so.

As may be ascertained by your candid, Sandi is shorter than Charlie Hodge, and neither of them is as tall as the lady in the photo.

One of the points I make on page 1 is that woman is much taller than Sandi.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The fool wrote:I don´t know. Maybe that is Sandi holding the cape. Here´s Sandi with Charlie in Minneapolis in 1971.

I don't think so.

As may be ascertained by your candid, Sandi is shorter than Charlie Hodge, and neither of them is as tall as the lady in the photo.

One of the points I make on page 1 is that woman is much taller than Sandi.

How can you tell her height from this picture with Charlie? Maybe she is on her tip toes? Maybe she is wearing heels?
Impossible to tell ones height from a picture.

Same goes for the picture of the girl holding the jumpsuit. How can you truly tell her height from a photo? Certain angles can make a person look taller or shorter.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:18 am

Sandy circa January 1971.
Sandy looks about 5' 2 as compared to standing next to Elvis, and much shorter than the long legged blond appears in the cape photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.