Post here your Elvis' pictures

photo of Sandi holding Elvis' cape fringe jumpsuit

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:03 am

does anyone have the photo of Sandi holding Elvis' caped fringe jumpsuit as it appears to have been just delivered by a dry cleaning truck? Thanks

Re: photo of Sandi holding Elvis' cape fringe jumpsuit

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 pm

here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:23 am

VEGAS74 wrote:here it is...

Looks to be from November 1970 in Los Angeles? Perhaps the 14th?

Is that super-fan Sandi Pichon? I love the '70s!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Lovely photo. Thank you very much.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

+1!!!!!!

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Or is it Sandi Miller?

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Thank you!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 am

MaryAnn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Or is it Sandi Miller?

No, it is definitely not Alexandria "Sandi" Miller.

681111_w Sandi Miller_1174 Hillcrest_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 am

I would most likely have been fired from that cleaner business , since I might have lost a couple jumpsuits... :D

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Or is it Sandi Miller?

No, it is definitely not Alexandria "Sandi" Miller.

681111_w Sandi Miller_1174 Hillcrest_01.JPG

A friend tells me the photo can be found in Volume One of Sandi Miller's "Behind the Image," Page 94. I don't have the book, but perhaps someone else who has the book can confirm this.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 am

MaryAnn wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, it is definitely not Alexandria "Sandi" Miller.

A friend tells me the photo can be found in Volume One of Sandi Miller's "Behind the Image," Page 94. I don't have the book, but perhaps someone else who has the book can confirm this.

The Behind The Image books are credited to Bud Glass and use rare and unpublished photos from Elvis' entire career. Glass was allowed to use anecdotes from Sandi Miller's private diaries for the project.

http://www.praytome-publishing.com/htm-data/book_bti_1/englisch/inhalt.htm
http://www.praytome-publishing.com/htm-data/book_bti_2/englisch/inhalt.htm

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am

That is Sandi Miller YES - she is on Facebook I believe she showed me that photo once of her holding the Fringe Suit and I believe she said it is her.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:47 am

ArtyMorty wrote:That is Sandi Miller YES - she is on Facebook I believe she showed me that photo once of her holding the Fringe Suit and I believe she said it is her.

Thank you, ArtyMorty.

On May 13, 2010, an Elvis Insider posted the photo on the EI board and asked Sandi Miller if the girl in the photo was her. (The name of the thread was, "Sandi, dying to know if this is you?"

Her reply on the thread later that day: "Yep - holding up the fringe jumpsuit that the cleaners had just picked up at the Hillcrest House."

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 am

ArtyMorty wrote:That is Sandi Miller YES - she is on Facebook I believe she showed me that photo once of her holding the Fringe Suit and I believe she said it is her.

Someone should ask Sandi Haynes Pichon what she thinks. ;-)

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:49 pm

I have to admit that the shot of the lady holding the fringe suit doesn't really look like the Sandi Miller we see in a lot of other photos. But she says it is her. I will ask her again, it's been a few years. :)

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:25 am

ArtyMorty wrote:I have to admit that the shot of the lady holding the fringe suit doesn't really look like the Sandi Miller we see in a lot of other photos. But she says it is her. I will ask her again, it's been a few years. :)

Thank you, ArtyMorty.

I can tell you from first hand experience that young ladies at that time rocked a LOT of different "looks" -- depending on the situation.

Looking forward to whatever further information you can contribute.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

And this is what Sandi Pichon answered to the question if she was that girl.

No unfortunately LOL

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No unfortunately LOL

Thank you, Francesc.

Apparently, the photo (and the story behind it) can be found on Page 94 of Bud Glass' book, "Behind the Image," Vol 1.

If anyone has a copy of this book, perhaps they could verify this -- and include any pertinent information as to the correct identity of the young girl in the photo.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm

MaryAnn wrote:
Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No unfortunately LOL

Thank you, Francesc.

Apparently, the photo (and the story behind it) can be found on Page 94 of Bud Glass' book, "Behind the Image," Vol 1.

If anyone has a copy of this book, perhaps they could verify this -- and include any pertinent information as to the correct identity of the young girl in the photo.
not much info this is all I could find in the book....

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:09 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:I have to admit that the shot of the lady holding the fringe suit doesn't really look like the Sandi Miller we see in a lot of other photos. But she says it is her. I will ask her again, it's been a few years. :)

I agree. The girl holding the fringe suit looks NOTHING like Sandi Miller. Did Sandi dye her hair? The girl holding the fringe suit has blond hair and Sandi Miller has brown hair in the photo posted by the Doc.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No unfortunately LOL

Thank you, Francesc.

001.jpg

Thank you for posting this, VEGAS74. Does a photo accompany this caption? And, may I ask who wrote this "note"?

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:45 pm

MaryAnn wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No unfortunately LOL

Thank you, Francesc.

001.jpg

Thank you for posting this, VEGAS74. Does a photo accompany this caption? And, may I ask who wrote this "note"?
Yes the caption includes the photo in my first post and the note I would guess comes from of the many journals Sandi made...see scan from the book

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 am

VEGAS74 wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No unfortunately LOL

Thank you, Francesc.

001.jpg

Yes the caption includes the photo in my first post and the note I would guess comes from of the many journals Sandi made...see scan from the book

First, thanks to Sandi Pichon for taking the time to confirm that she was not the girl in the photo (and to Francesc for relaying her answer to us).

Thanks, also, to VEGAS74 for posting the photo and scans from Bud Glass' book, "Behind the Image," Vol 1.

The girl in the photo is Sandi Miller.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 am

How did Sandi Miller grow 4 inches in two years? That seems a bit unbelievable. ;-)

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Sandi Miller may well be the girl holding up the jumpsuit, because the blonde haired girl is merely holding up one of the sleeves. If you look, you can see a pair of feet directly under the main body of the suit.