Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis' Crazy Broads - May '73

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Here's something from Paul's candid central;

tahoekiss2.jpg

There's one alternate shot from the occasion on his page but as I just bumped into a new one (for me, at least), I thought I'd post it here as well if someone hasn't seen it yet. ... On the story above Lucy tells about their three-woman bowling team that they named "Elvis' Crazy Broads" - I assume this photo would now show these three ladies.

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-1973-CAND ... 1e87ae7436
7305---tahoe.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis' Crazy Broads - May '73

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 pm

onelove wrote:Here's something from Paul's candid central;

There's one alternate shot from the occasion on his page but as I just bumped into a new one (for me, at least), I thought I'd post it here as well if someone hasn't seen it yet. ... On the story above Lucy tells about their three-woman bowling team that they named "Elvis' Crazy Broads" - I assume this photo would now show these three ladies.

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-1973-CANDID-PHOTO-LAKE-TAHOE-BACKSTAGE-WITH-FEMALE-FANS-TRIO-FAN-ORIGINAL-/131125376054

Thanks for digging out that photo.

It's definitely the bowling team, they are wearing the matching shirts, as described in the story. Newark, CA is about 40 miles south of San Francisco.

Elvis looks a bit disheveled and sad. This Tahoe engagement did not go well, and more trouble was ahead.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 am

Doc i would say looks stoned and bloated. But you are right trouble lay ahead.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:02 am

fn2drive wrote:Doc i would say looks stoned and bloated. But you are right trouble lay ahead.

I wouldn't say either. Certainly he did not come off that way during the visit of these fans.

But sad, yes.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am

Enjoyed the photos and the story.

Apparently, Lucy Prucnal ended up a few miles west of St. Louis in Warrenton, MO. Hopefully, the Bowling Hall of Fame returned the shirts to her before downsizing and moving to Arlington, TX.

Would love to hear Ann Bailey's account of singing gospel with Elvis.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks for the comments and additional infos.

It's known this was not the best of time in Elvis' life/career - it must've been pretty hard to return to Vegas(/Tahoe) again and again, year after year and some of the frustration probably culminated to the latter part of the August/September Vegas engagement. Still, it's cool to find "new" photos from any year... they add more pieces to the puzzle, so to speak.