Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Coca Cola

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello

post here all kind of pictures of Elvis with Coca Cola 8)

Re: Elvis and Coca Cola

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:16 pm

I could be wrong on this but I think he was a Pepsi guy?

03-Audubon-Drive-04-july-56.jpg

Picture by Wertheimer.
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/time-for-a-commercial-break/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

:smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:55 pm

:smt006 :smt006

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 pm

And oh yeah there is also a contest on Facebook on Elvis Pictures, started earlier today, asking for pictures of Elvis and Coca-Cola. ;)

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:31 am

a 1st thank you 8)

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:27 am

George Smith wrote:I could be wrong on this but I think he was a Pepsi guy?

Picture by Wertheimer.
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/time-for-a-commercial-break/

You are quite correct, George Smith. Elvis was definitely a Pepsi man. It's a matter of record.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks DOC and George. I had always thought and heard that Elvis drank Pepsi. In a number of his 1969 Las Vegas monologues doesn't Elvis even say he "eating hamburgers and drinking Pepsi Colas."?

rlj

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:29 pm

When he was a kid, according to James Ausborn, they would split an RC.

But he preferred the generally sweeter Pepsi, which also came in larger bottles.

But like everyone, in a pinch, you drink what they have.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:50 pm

For a 'Pepsi-guy', Elvis sure drank a lot of Coke.
An there are even more pics/candids of him drinking/holding Coke than drinking/holding Pepsi in the 50's.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:For a 'Pepsi-guy', Elvis sure drank a lot of Coke.
An there are even more pics/candids of him drinking/holding Coke than drinking/holding Pepsi in the 50's.

Well, it's just flavored fizzy water with sugar and caffeine in it. It's really the same stuff. It's just advertising. There's no real difference. LOL.

rjm

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:48 pm

rjm wrote:It's really the same stuff. It's just advertising. There's no real difference. LOL.

I know you don't mean that. And aren't women known for their eye for detail? And I'm not saying this because I'm a Coke-guy and only drink Pepsi when Wertheimer points his camera in my direction. :wink:

Come to think of it, I remember Pepsi's apparent outrage when Michael Jackson was 'caught' drinking Coke. I mean, Elvis was not commercially involved with any drink, and actually more pics of him with a Coke exist than of him with a Pepsi, and yet people label him as a definite Pepsi-guy. Yes, he mentioned it on stage. Well, alright. Gatorade must have been his real love anyway.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Pepsi should have been more 'out-raged' when they heard Michael Jackson was fiddling with young boys, not worrying about which fizzy pop he drank, if, of course, he drank it at all. I disagree with the whole concept of throwing money at millionaires just to pretend that they eat / drink / wear / drive a certain product.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 am

Bob-Holland wrote:
rjm wrote:It's really the same stuff. It's just advertising. There's no real difference. LOL.

I know you don't mean that. And aren't women known for their eye for detail? And I'm not saying this because I'm a Coke-guy and only drink Pepsi when Wertheimer points his camera in my direction. :wink:

Come to think of it, I remember Pepsi's apparent outrage when Michael Jackson was 'caught' drinking Coke. I mean, Elvis was not commercially involved with any drink, and actually more pics of him with a Coke exist than of him with a Pepsi, and yet people label him as a definite Pepsi-guy. Yes, he mentioned it on stage. Well, alright. Gatorade must have been his real love anyway.

Never took the Pepsi Challenge, but Coke used to be less sweet when Classic Coke came "back" after the New Coke debacle. In the past 30 years, Coke has sweetened up again! Like Pepsi, they have refrained from announcing it.

And that's my taste for detail. ;)

rjm
P.S. -- Pepsi dumped MJ within weeks of the scandal breaking in 1993. Unceremoniously dumped.

Since his death, they have used him again! In their recent "live for today" campaign, which is ironic, considering how he died. (What a creepy slogan. "Live for today"?? I suppose if you're pouring sugar into your pancreas, it makes a kind of sense.)