Post here your Elvis' pictures

From the town of … Lincoln, Nebraska

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Here are some images from Elvis' last tour, just posted up to eBay.

Any takers?

770620_Lincoln 01.jpg

770620_Lincoln 02.jpg

770620_Lincoln 03.jpg
On stage, Lincoln, Nebraska - Monday, June 20, 1977
Photos: Shirley Stevenson

This was Presley's only show in this city, sandwiched in-between the infamous CBS-TV "Elvis In Concert" tapings on June 19 (Omaha) and June 21 (Rapid City). He would leave us in less than eight weeks from the date of this performance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/June-20-1977-Elvis-Presley-Original-Photos-3-Lincoln-Nebraska-by-S-Stevenson-/380843295015
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From the town of … Lincoln, Nebraska

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Interesting.
Elvis performed the last live version of Help Me at this show
another rare song for the time being is that love me tender is in the setlist of this show. also the last Slow & Fast version of hound dog occurs her
Elvis gets a request for suspicious minds, elvis says ''suspicious minds'' james is about to start the intro (you can hear the guitar riff start). and then mentions more requests ''return to sender'' to eventually start unchained melody.

This concert was released on the ''Elvis Rocks Lincoln'' CD back in 2004 on the P.O 220 label.

Track Listing:
01 Also Sprach Zarathustra 00:40
02 See See Rider 05:35
03 I Got A Woman / Amen 06:52
04 Love Me 03:14
05 If You Love Me 02:57
06 You Gave Me A Mountain 03:35
07 Jailhouse Rock 02:31
08 O Solo Mio / It's Now Or Never 05:01
09 Love Me Tender 02:21
10 Little Sister 01:56
11 Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 02:25
12 Help Me 03:56
13 Unchained Melody 03:53
14 Introductions 03:37
15 Hurt 02:05
16 Hound Dog 02:12
17 Can't Help Falling In Love 01:42
18 Closing Vamp 01:15

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/E/elvisrockslincoln.htm

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 am

Got a set of these photo,s a few years ago, here are scans I made of some more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am

God bless him, he did the best he could that night.

Although CBS did not videotape this concert, they did film a bit in the city. One may see Lincoln's Pershing Memorial Auditorium at least twice in the opening minutes.

CBS-TV: June 20, 1977, Lincoln, NE

CBS-TV: June 20, 1977, Lincoln, NE (2)
... Actually going on I-80 West to Omaha, June 19, 1977, on to Lincoln the next day.

CBS-TV: June 20, 1977, Lincoln, NE (3)

CBS-TV: June 20, 1977, Lincoln, NE (4)

And, of course, the single, most ironic moment in the final TV Special comes at the beginning -->

"Everybody loves Elvis ..."
CBS-TV: June 20, 1977, Lincoln, NE and overlay to backstage, June 21, 1977, Rapid City, SD

You're a heartbreaker
You're a love-faker
A heartbreaker, playing with fire

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:06 am

Thank you very much Doc and Vegas74!!!

I have not seen very many pictures from this show.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:34 am

BrianTCB wrote:Thank you very much Doc and Vegas74!!!

I have not seen very many pictures from this show.

There were only five left after this one, although no one knew it then.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:36 pm

To frame the kick-@$$ topic title, "Wanna know why I did what I did? Sir, I guess there's just a meanness in this world."

(That screen shot is powerful.)

rjm
P.S. -- Is "Help Me" on YouTube?

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm

rjm wrote:To frame the kick-@$$ topic title, "Wanna know why I did what I did? Sir, I guess there's just a meanness in this world."

rjm

It ain't on youtube. but here you can hear it
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/30019064/file.html

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
rjm wrote:To frame the kick-@$$ topic title, "Wanna know why I did what I did? Sir, I guess there's just a meanness in this world."

rjm

It ain't on youtube. but here you can hear it
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/30019064/file.html

Thank you!

rjm

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:Got a set of these photo,s a few years ago, here are scans I made of some more...

A few of these shots first appeared, without attribution, in Ed Parker's "Inside Elvis."

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:54 pm

I also bumped into the photos on the opening post some time back - thought it was neat to see some more shots from the show that indeed got "caught" between two much more known shows from the final tour. Always liked the burgundy(ish) background we see on some of the photos - it makes them very "Vegas" looking.

Here's one that should be from the same show, one that I've always liked.
770620.jpg

Here's also one from "vegas74's" set in a bit more 'natural' quality and an 'alternate' for it, snapped only some seconds later (or earlier).
I believe these were taken by Shirley Stevenson.
770620st.jpg

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Some others from Lincoln, maybe not seen too often...?

samp.jpg

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:27 pm

At least he's looking happy in most of the shots... Must've been relieved the cameras weren't there that night. You have to wonder what was going through his mind on that last tour... Did he think he presented a good enough show for the CBS cameras, and the eyes of the world? Why no attempt to at least lose a little weight, rehearse a few new songs? I know, we've been there a thousand times already. I just find those last few months strangely fascinating.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:30 am

did he have a "sawed of 410 on his lap, through the bad lands of Wyoming did he kill everything in his path"

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:19 am

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:At least he's looking happy in most of the shots... Must've been relieved the cameras weren't there that night. You have to wonder what was going through his mind on that last tour... Did he think he presented a good enough show for the CBS cameras, and the eyes of the world? Why no attempt to at least lose a little weight, rehearse a few new songs? I know, we've been there a thousand times already. I just find those last few months strangely fascinating.

Compared to his last TV Special.. aloha from hawaii
and to the memphis 1974 album. There is enough difference, had we never known about what the setlists where and none of the soundboards would have been released.. (Which in 1977 they werent, the only way to know what he sang is if u visited him for most of his shows) the songs would have been ''new'' songs.. ''If you love me let me know'' would soon be released on his moody blue album the same goes for unchained melody. It's now or never ofcoarse isnt new but it wasnt on any live record or tv special. the same goes for the hawaiian wedding song. in fair comparison both june 19 and june 21 have enough material to be have been considered ''new'' for the tv special.

Omaha:
- How Great Thou Art (Was left out of on tour and the lost performances wasnt out yet for several years, ofcoarse it was on the memphis '74 album)
- And I Love You So (From the ''Today'' album only 2 years earlier)
- I Really Don't Want To Know (Hasn't been heard of (in 1977) since the Country album)
- Fairytale (From the ''Today Album'' Only 2 years earlier)
- Little Sister (Wasn't on a live record, only seen in TTWII 7 years earlier)

Rapid City:
- Trying To Get To You (Was released on the memphis '74 album and wasn't ''Seen'' since the comeback special)
- It's Now Or Never (hasnt been on a tv special or a live record, hasnt been heard of since 1960!)
- The Hawaiian Wedding Song (Wasn't on a live record, and hasnt been seen or heard since the movie ''Blue Hawaii''
- Unchained Melody (Would soon be released in July and can be considered new)
- If You Love Me Let Me Know (Would soon be released in July and can be considered new)
- Hurt (has been out for just about a year, but wasn't seen on any tv special, so it can be considered atleast ''recent'')

Now i'm not talking about wheter the performances are good or bad but most of those songs would be ''new'' to those in 1977 had they actually been included..
Alot of people say the CBS Special was made ''as best as they could'' but it simply wasnt. Atleast the performances noted in Rapid City (except for hurt which was included) where good enough to be included in the special. enough ''New'' Material.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:54 am

At least someone noticed! Thank you.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

At least someone noticed! Thank you.

You're most welcome!

rjm

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:08 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

At least someone noticed!

It's really not surprising at all the average Elvis '77 follower did not recognize the title. :smt002

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

At least someone noticed!

It's really not surprising at all the average Elvis '77 follower did not recognize the title. :smt002

It's a great song from one of his best albums... so I guess I'm not your average Elvis '77 follower :wink:

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 am

Thank you Doc and Vegas 74 for these rare pics. Much appreciated.

rlj

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:41 am

elvisjock wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:Got a set of these photo,s a few years ago, here are scans I made of some more...

A few of these shots first appeared, without attribution, in Ed Parker's "Inside Elvis."

I met Ed once. I would have never mentioned that fact to him. ;-)

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisjock wrote:

I met Ed once. I would have never mentioned that fact to him. ;-)

"Hey, man, what's the deal with featuring unattributed photos in your book?"

SPLATTTTTT.

(Weakly) "And, by the way, Mike Stone ain't no stud."

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:37 am

The version of Unchained Melody is really good in Lincoln. The audience gives quite a nice response. It's too bad the show wasn't filmed. The inclusion of Love Me Tender, Help Me, and Unchained Melody are nice indeed.

rlj