Post here your Elvis' pictures

Astrodome March 3, 1974 - evening show

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Finally a new shot has surfaced from a show that seems to be one of the best kept secrets when it comes to Elvis' tour shows. We've seen a nice amount of shots (on and off stage) from the Houston Astrodome March 3rd (1974) afternoon show but practically nothing from the evening gig. At first I thought this could also be from the afternoon but then I noticed the belt buckle that seems to show two gold "buttons" - the suit Elvis wore during the first show had a similar design in the belt but I believe they're not only a tad smaller, but also silver.

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-1974-CAND ... 58abf766b8
740303a.jpg

Here are a couple shots from the same 'moment' (the end of the show) taken during the afternoon show, just to show the differences - the driver is also clearly wearing different clothes (probably a different driver altogether).
740303b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by onelove on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Astrodome March 3, 1974 - evening show

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you onelove,

great find!

Ed

Re: Astrodome March 3, 1974 - afternoon show

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm

onelove wrote:Finally a new shot has surfaced from a show that seems to be one of the best kept secrets when it comes to Elvis' tour shows. We've seen a nice amount of shots (on and off stage) from the Houston Astrodome March 3rd (1974) afternoon show but practically nothing from the evening gig. At first I thought this could also be from the afternoon but then I noticed the belt buckle that seems to show two gold "buttons" - the suit Elvis wore during the first show had a similar design in the belt but I believe they're not only a tad smaller, but also silver.

--> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-1974-CANDID-PHOTO-HOUSTON-ASTRODOME-END-OF-SHOW-JEEP-RIDE-FAN-ORIGINAL-/380842239672

Here are a couple shots from the same 'moment' (the end of the show) taken during the afternoon show, just to show the differences - the driver is also clearly wearing different clothes (probably a different driver altogether).

Shouldn't the title of your topic be "Astrodome March 3, 1974 - evening show"?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Shouldn't the title of your topic be "Astrodome March 3, 1974 - evening show"?

Absolutely, and now corrected... as you can see from the opening post (edited several times) and Ed's post (the "title"), it actually was like that first. Then something confused me and I kept switching the post around until I realized I actually had it right the first time. In short - Francesc, if you're reading, I think you should switch the '74 Astrodome show photos around on your site.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 am

I always thought elvis wore the crystal flower (=vine suit) suit in the afternoon and the nail mirror suit during the evening show.

Looking at the pics on http://www.elvisconcerts.com
AS: crystal vine
ES: Nail mirror

That new photo shows the crystal vine suit belt. You can see it because the buckles of the crystal vine are oval and those of the nail mirror are round. Both are brass though.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:28 am

The Nail suit was worn during the afternoon show, as can be seen in these photos. The end of the show and the clock is 4.10 pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 pm

then the info on elviconcerts.com is incorrect.

to me it also looked like the nail suit was during the day.
the low lighting conditions could be an explanation as to why there are so few pictures of the evening show.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:49 am

Guys, thank you so much for the help. I think we talked about this before, but as always I forget to make the changes. Today I stumbled into this thread and I made the changes NOW! :facep: