Post here your Elvis' pictures

Florida - July 1961

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:25 pm

I just posted this in the "Patsy Cline and Elvis" topic in "All Elvis" (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53982), but I thought it was worth posting it here in the "Picture Section" too :

Old Elvis Presley photographs discovered, go to the auction block.

January 9, 2013.

Dover, Florida - Inside an auction house in Dover is a smorgasbord of history including old Victrolas, farm tools, and an icebox that needed real ice.

Keith Bolton, who does demolition work, has picked up antiques from here to Kentucky. "It's kind of like a bug bite; you get bit by it and you just get interested in it," explains Bolton.

Now Bolton's collection is on the auction block, but amid all of the stuff, there is a bona fide star.

"It almost went into the trash," says Bolton about a photo album. He was paging through the album when ordinary family photos turned extraordinary.

"And lo and behold, I come on photos of who? Elvis Presley," explains Bolton. "Nobody has probably seen these photos before, because these were in a house that no one had been in for 25 years."

An expert from Graceland says the photos were likely taken while Elvis was in Florida filming the 1961 movie Follow that Dream. The movie featured scenes from Crystal River, Tampa and Ocala and the selection of snapshots also included one of two twin boys -- believed to be Gavin and Robin Koon -- who were also in the film.

There is a bit of mystery surrounding the photos. They originally came from a house demolished in Thonotosassa about three years ago, and the man who owned the property has since passed away. He was also a collector, so we may never know who took the photographs.

But one thing is clear: just like these old black and whites, the mystique of Elvis never seems to fade away.

Auctioneer John Harris says, "I just know when I've shown these pictures to friends, the look on their faces ranges from shock to disbelief, and some of the older ladies need oxygen."

The auction of Bolton's antique collection -- including the Elvis photos -- takes place January 26.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/291020/8/Old-Elvis-photographs-discovered

And another photo from the same day :

FTD.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mister Moon on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Florida - Summer 1962

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Obviously the Summer of 1961 rather than 1962
The photographs were taken on location at the Weall house location, Florida. The scene being shot was the opening scene
(scene 1) which was deleted from the movie. Included in this scene, were cast members Elvis Presley, Anne Helm, Robin and Gavin Koon and Dub Taylor (un credited)

The scene was filmed from Tuesday 11th of July, 1961 until Friday 14th of July, 1961.
(On Saturday, the 15th of July, the production moved to Ocala for the bank scene)

David

Re: Florida - July 1961

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:19 pm

davide wrote:Obviously the Summer of 1961 rather than 1962
The photographs were taken on location at the Weall house location, Florida. The scene being shot was the opening scene
(scene 1) which was deleted from the movie. Included in this scene, were cast members Elvis Presley, Anne Helm, Robin and Gavin Koon and Dub Taylor (un credited)

The scene was filmed from Tuesday 11th of July, 1961 until Friday 14th of July, 1961.
(On Saturday, the 15th of July, the production moved to Ocala for the bank scene)

Yes, 1961 ! :)

I got the year mixed up with two things : the Seattle World's Fair photos I posted a few days ago, and the fact that the accompanying text is wrong. Everything corrected now !

Thanks for the additional information about the movie.