Post here your Elvis' pictures

Teri Garr ?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Hey folks!
I run the Elvis' Women website, and for years now on my Teri Garr page, I've been making the assumption that this is Teri Garr to the immediate right of Elvis in this series of publicity photos for Roustabout.

This is the one I have on my site:

Image

but some of the other similar pics on the Roustabout page on EPSS make me wonder if I've been wrong all these years. Some of them look a lot like a young Teri, and some don't, to me. Am I just having unfounded self-doubts??? Am I dead wrong??? Is the very act of asking whether I'm wrong in this forum an invitation to be clobbered from all angles?!?!? :D (ahem, a risk ah'm willin' t' take)

Oh and by the way, I don't think there's any doubt that it's Raquel Welch to the right of Teri-or-whoever-she-is.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:40 pm

greggers wrote:Hey folks!
I run the Elvis' Women website, and for years now on my Teri Garr page, I've been making the assumption that this is Teri Garr to the immediate right of Elvis in this series of publicity photos for Roustabout.

This is the one I have on my site:

Image

but some of the other similar pics on the Roustabout page on EPSS make me wonder if I've been wrong all these years. Some of them look a lot like a young Teri, and some don't, to me. Am I just having unfounded self-doubts??? Am I dead wrong??? Is the very act of asking whether I'm wrong in this forum an invitation to be clobbered from all angles?!?!? :D (ahem, a risk ah'm willin' t' take)

Oh and by the way, I don't think there's any doubt that it's Raquel Welch to the right of Teri-or-whoever-she-is.

Yes, you are right about both Terri Garr and Raquel Welch.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:26 pm

It is Raquel for sure in the Blue with white shirt. But I don't think the girl in the dark outfit is Teri Garr. YES she was a dancer in the movie and can clearly be seen in the movie on stage with Elvis, but I don't think that's her in the publicity still and other publicity shots from the same time. I think it's more likely one of the girls in the club at the beginning of the movie. The same scenes all of the other girls here were in.
(Just my opinion).

Update:
I just watched the scene at the beginning of the movie. The Girl in the Dark Dress is sat at Raquel's table in the club at the beginning of the movie and is definitely NOT Teri Garr.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:57 am

Raquel - yes. Terri - no.

In this film one may note Garr's hair is much longer than the blonde in your photo.

Here is a shot of her, to Elvis' immediate left, in "Roustabout."


640400_Teri Garr_Roustabout.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:In this film one may note Garr's hair is much longer than the blonde in your photo.


Yeah, that cinches it, I think. Thanks Doc! Silly me, never even paid attention to the difference in hair length! LOL. and I have all these photos on my Teri page, too.

I just watched the scene at the beginning of the movie. The Girl in the Dark Dress is sat at Raquel's table in the club at the beginning of the movie and is definitely NOT Teri Garr.

And ArtyMorty, I'll have to dig out my copy of Roustabout and watch the Teahouse scene again just to spot the "non-Teri" girl pictured here! :)

Thanks folks!

Re: Teri Garr ?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Sorry about the mistake. Guess I've been taken this for granted for too long as well.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Wsn't Teri Garr (who is unfamiliar to us in the UK) in the "C'mon everybody" dance sequence in "Viva Las Vegas"?

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Tony.. wrote:Teri Garr (who is unfamiliar to us in the UK)


Anyone in the UK old enough to remember the films Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Young Frankenstein or Tootsie will probably remember Teri Garr.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000414/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Tony.. wrote:Wsn't Teri Garr (who is unfamiliar to us in the UK) in the "C'mon everybody" dance sequence in "Viva Las Vegas"?

Tony, she can be clearly seen in the"What'd I Say" scene. Not sure about the C'mon Everybody" scene at the auditorium, I'd have to go look again.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 pm

greggers wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Wsn't Teri Garr (who is unfamiliar to us in the UK) in the "C'mon everybody" dance sequence in "Viva Las Vegas"?

Tony, she can be clearly seen in the"What'd I Say" scene. Not sure about the C'mon Everybody" scene at the auditorium, I'd have to go look again.



Image

Choreographer David Winters (dark sweatshirt), Teri Garr, Elvis - filming "Viva Las Vegas," July-August 1963

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:37 pm

That first photo shows off Elvis' acting ability at its best - standing beside Raquel Welch and being able to look in the opposite direction, wow, could not have been easy. What a beauty.

Re: Teri Garr ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
greggers wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Wsn't Teri Garr (who is unfamiliar to us in the UK) in the "C'mon everybody" dance sequence in "Viva Las Vegas"?

Tony, she can be clearly seen in the"What'd I Say" scene. Not sure about the C'mon Everybody" scene at the auditorium, I'd have to go look again.


Thanks Doc! Definitely at the cmon everybody scene! Cool pic!


Image

Choreographer David Winters (dark sweatshirt), Teri Garr, Elvis - filming "Viva Las Vegas," July-August 1963