Post here your Elvis' pictures

"The Australian Women's Weekly" (Sydney) - 1956

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:17 pm

These photos are taken from the Robert Feldman article published by "The Australian Women's Weekly" magazine (Sydney, Australia), on December 19, 1956. I've just posted them in the main thread in "All Elvis", but I thought it was fair to post them again separately in the "Picture Section" :

561219 X1.JPG

561219 X2.JPG

561219 X3.JPG

561219 X4.JPG

561219 X5.JPG

------------------------------------------

In case you have missed the original topic, here's the link to it : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80717
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "The Australian Women's Weekly" (Sydney) - 1956

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Absolutely teriffic. Thank you so much. If I remember rightly, one of these same magazines from Australia featured an unusual "Loving You" publicity shot on it's front cover. Would you happen to have that issue in your collection please, 'Mr. Moon' or 'Fool'?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Tony.. wrote:Absolutely teriffic. Thank you so much. If I remember rightly, one of these same magazines from Australia featured an unusual "Loving You" publicity shot on it's front cover. Would you happen to have that issue in your collection please, 'Mr. Moon' or 'Fool'?

You're welcome, Tony. Glad you liked this.

Sorry, but I don't know about the magazine you mention. This one in particular didn't feature Elvis on the front cover.

--------------------------------------

Just for the record, the front cover was devoted to the Australian swimming team of 4 x 200 freestyle relay, which only days before had won the Gold Medal at the Melbourne Olympic Games, beating the USA (silver) and the USSR (bronze), and establishing a new World Record at 8:23.6. The team was composed by Jon Henricks, Murray Rose, John Devitt and Kevin O'Halloran. End of nonsense answer !

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:33 pm

All pics are great, but I especially enjoy this one. It's the first color shot I ever saw of the crowd waiting outside Studio 50. Just amazing, thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Absolutely teriffic. Thank you so much. If I remember rightly, one of these same magazines from Australia featured an unusual "Loving You" publicity shot on it's front cover. Would you happen to have that issue in your collection please, 'Mr. Moon' or 'Fool'?

You're welcome, Tony. Glad you liked this.

Sorry, but I don't know about the magazine you mention. This one in particular didn't feature Elvis on the front cover.

--------------------------------------

Just for the record, the front cover was devoted to the Australian swimming team of 4 x 200 freestyle relay, which only days before had won the Gold Medal at the Melbourne Olympic Games, beating the USA (silver) and the USSR (bronze), and establishing a new World Record at 8:23.6. The team was composed by Jon Henricks, Murray Rose, John Devitt and Kevin O'Halloran. End of nonsense answer !

By sheer coincidence, I have just acquired the Aussie Women' weekly magazine I was on about. It is from November 1971. I only knew of it because it was pictured in the Australian Elvis discography book. Here it is ans what a stunning cover picture!! :smt007
WOMENS WEEKLY.jpg

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 am

Tony.. wrote:By sheer coincidence, I have just acquired the Aussie Women' weekly magazine I was on about. It is from November 1971. I only knew of it because it was pictured in the Australian Elvis discography book. Here it is ans what a stunning cover picture!! :smt007
WOMENS WEEKLY.jpg

Great cover, Tony. Thanks for posting it !

Could you post the article, too ? :wink: