Post here your Elvis' pictures

Fan picture at Graceland gate?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I stumbled upon this colour picture on ebay from June 1968 8). Anybody knows if this is a fan or ElvisĀ“ friend/relative? :?. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Elvis-P ... 4acaa83bb6

Re: Fan picture at Graceland gate?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:51 pm

IIRC, that was the lady who polished the gates. Her name was Matilda Grunhost. No one know what happened to her.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 pm

jak wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:IIRC, that was the lady who polished the gates. Her name was Matilda Grunhost. No one know what happened to her.

Didn't her father polish the head at Graceland back when it was a church before Elvis bought it? Seems like I heard he passed down his polishing skills to her which enabled her to secure that coveted job. I think she went back to the homeland after Elvis passed.

Let us not disrespect the memory of Matilda Grunhost.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:19 am

Okay, no better place to ask. And no time like the present.

How is it that Elvis portrayed himself in bell-bottoms IN 1957??????

This has puzzled me since I first saw those gates in old pictures. It fits him in any time! That's freaky.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:18 pm

rjm wrote:Okay, no better place to ask. And no time like the present.

This has puzzled me since I first saw those gates in old pictures. It fits him in any time! That's freaky.

Funny you bring this up. Some claim it was none other than Matilda Grunhost who suggested that design. She apparently loved the "pirate" look.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:Okay, no better place to ask. And no time like the present.

Funny you bring this up. Some claim it was none other than Matilda Grunhost who suggested that design. She apparently loved the "pirate" look.

Okay. So that means we can't ask her about the slacks. Except something "pirate"-like. I mean, I saw this in the 1970s - the older pics of the gates, and was like "wt(*)? They are clearly wide bells!

So, she had special powers? {giggles} Because, I tell ya, it's freaky!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4