TCB-FAN wrote:With Bill Morris, 1970

December 31st 1970?

Re: Facebook Pic Of The Day

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

19th June, 1972 - Wichita Falls, KS

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:41 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Driving Out The Gates Of Graceland, 1966

Courtesy of Anthony King who posted it onto the Elvis Pictures group on facebook

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 pm

That's the gate of the Trousdale home for sure.
I visited the place just over a month ago.

luke1 wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:With a fan (Sonny Hughes) outside of Graceland
December 5, 1968

Looks more like beverly hills.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 am

Hawaii, 1969

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 am

Johnny2523 wrote:

Courtesy of Anthony King who posted it onto the Elvis Pictures group on facebook

Ohhhh I read overnight that this picture is from Billy Stanley's private collection, as Billy quoted.

Perhaps Anthony liked Billy's photo, as TCB-FAN liked this photo, too :D

So, thank you to Billy Stanley.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:42 am

I try to give credit to photos when I post them from FB as much as possible, if the information is provided of course. :mrgreen: :smt002

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Ohhhh I read overnight that this picture is from Billy Stanley's private collection, as Billy quoted.

Thanks for pointing that out Misst. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :D :D :D

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out Misst. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :D :D :D

You are welcome.

:D

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55 am

Riding out of his Hillcrest Home. May, 1971

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:18 am

Most of the pictures here come from our group ELVIS PICTURES on Facebook. I find it sad that it isn't mentioned here.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 am

DerKing wrote:Most of the pictures here come from our group ELVIS PICTURES on Facebook. I find it sad that it isn't mentioned here.

Please have a look at the working title. Furthermore, the photos are public domain with many members here being invited and part of the group, too, as the group is absolutely wonderful, they enjoy having many members promoting their group, which is what this thread is, a promotion. Credit is given all the way through the thread when available. I am a member there too, and read how lovely Craze is, and how he enjoys it when people get along, he insisting on same.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 am

DerKing wrote:Most of the pictures here come from our group ELVIS PICTURES on Facebook. I find it sad that it isn't mentioned here.

Is your avatar picture also from that group? :shock:

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Riding out of his Hillcrest Home. May, 1971

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm vrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:04 am

Yes. While many the pictures are public domain many people from ELVIS PICTURES on Facebook spend considerable time scanning parts of their collection which took many years and many $$ to accumulate. The pictures above dated 19th June, 1972 - Wichita for example were posted by myself after scanning them last night. I'm happy to share but when I suggested to TCB-FAN previously that it would be nice to mention the source I didn't get a favorable response. It is what it is and I see my scans all over the place and I've become more selective as to what I share. Anthony King's stunning 1969 picture of Elvis on vacation is another very good example of a picture which he privately owned, was willing to share and now appears here without acknowledgement.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 am

Perhaps, Julian, you might consider watermarking your scans? Because Facebook, even in this wonderful group, is the most unsafe place anywhere to post photos.

Watermarking helps. Once the computer connected to my scanner is functional, and I start uploading some interesting ones for the group, I will watermark. (I know it can be easily removed, but usually, the watermarks stay on various original FB memes, and so it should be with photos.)

It's a great group!

rjm

Sent via mobile

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:21 am

It is a great group, love it, and rjm's idea is very good. If something is published, I believe, and someone buys the book, they can scan the photo and of course share it. It is public domain. That is the down side of the internet.

I worry, with how fast the group runs, that the wonderful comments will really, be lost, along with the great photos. It was great fun reading some of the ladies' comments who knew Elvis, but to find them again, is a big job, with, now, I think, 10000 members, the comments would be lost, well, to me, anyway.

I also enjoyed Billy Stanley's stories yesterday. Loved the detail on how he interacted with Elvis, how Elvis interacted with him, and how Elvis interacted with people around them. Really, really, really, good, and in a few days time, those comments, along with the great photos, will be pushed down the page, which is such a shame.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks Mountain Misst & to Robin, glad you enjoy it..

I'd never consider 'watermarks' I'm not a fan of them and besides its not just about myself, so many great people are sharing their pictures. I'll live with it, I was simply talking about acknowledgement. Even the descriptive text on a picture is cut and pasted. Anyway, so be it.

Your point about stuff getting 'lost' is very valid and its been a concern, along with duplicate pictures being posted over and over. We recently set the group so that all pictures need to be approved - The only other solution is a forum but we all have FECC which is the best and I wouldn't want us to compete. The other option is a website, but that's a whole other 'kettle of fish'. We will carry on as is because we are having fun and see where it leads us in the future.

Best,
Julian

Mountain Misst wrote:It is a great group, love it, and rjm's idea is very good. If something is published, I believe, and someone buys the book, they can scan the photo and of course share it. It is public domain. That is the down side of the internet.

I worry, with how fast the group runs, that the wonderful comments will really, be lost, along with the great photos. It was great fun reading some of the ladies' comments who knew Elvis, but to find them again, is a big job, with, now, I think, 10000 members, the comments would be lost, well, to me, anyway.

I also enjoyed Billy Stanley's stories yesterday. Loved the detail on how he interacted with Elvis, how Elvis interacted with him, and how Elvis interacted with people around them. Really, really, really, good, and in a few days time, those comments, along with the great photos, will be pushed down the page, which is such a shame.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 am

I to, don't use watermarks, for the main reason that they ruin a photo.
It shouldn't be that hard to post the picture for example: Thanks To Anthony King for Posting on Elvis Pictures, or Thanks to Julian Grant for posting on Elvis Pictures.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Thanks Mountain Misst & to Robin, glad you enjoy it..

I'd never consider 'watermarks' I'm not a fan of them and besides its not just about myself, so many great people are sharing their pictures. I'll live with it, I was simply talking about acknowledgement. Even the descriptive text on a picture is cut and pasted. Anyway, so be it.

Your point about stuff getting 'lost' is very valid and its been a concern, along with duplicate pictures being posted over and over. We recently set the group so that all pictures need to be approved - The only other solution is a forum but we all have FECC which is the best and I wouldn't want us to compete. The other option is a website, but that's a whole other 'kettle of fish'. We will carry on as is because we are having fun and see where it leads us in the future.

Best,
Julian

Mountain Misst wrote:It is a great group, love it, and rjm's idea is very good. If something is published, I believe, and someone buys the book, they can scan the photo and of course share it. It is public domain. That is the down side of the internet.

Hi Julian,

I wonder if you can pop the posts from Elvis' friends into a sub-section as you approve the pictures?

When some of the ladies (or gents), who are friends of Elvis', have responded to a photo, or the like, with just a little description or story, it is gold, and then, of course, they are lost with the general public's comments, and it is such a shame. The site is gold, Julian, and good on all of you. :D A fantastic idea, love it.

Take care and thank you :D

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:

Best,
Julian

Hi Julian,

I wonder if you can pop the posts from Elvis' friends into a sub-section as you approve the pictures?

When some of the ladies (or gents), who are friends of Elvis', have responded to a photo, or the like, with just a little description or story, it is gold, and then, of course, they are lost with the general public's comments, and it is such a shame. The site is gold, Julian, and good on all of you. :D A fantastic idea, love it.

Thanks also from Craze, Me and Anthony :) And Julian ofcoarse

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:

Best,
Julian

Hi Julian,

Thank you all, again.

Inspired!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:

Best,
Julian

Hi Julian,

Thank you all, again.

Inspired!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Julian Grant wrote:

Yes. While many the pictures are public domain many people from ELVIS PICTURES on Facebook spend considerable time scanning parts of their collection which took many years and many $$ to accumulate. The pictures above dated 19th June, 1972 - Wichita for example were posted by myself after scanning them last night. I'm happy to share but when I suggested to TCB-FAN previously that it would be nice to mention the source I didn't get a favorable response. It is what it is and I see my scans all over the place and I've become more selective as to what I share...

Is there´s any opinion of TCB-FAN? :?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 pm

javierTCB wrote:
Is there´s any opinion of TCB-FAN? :?

Well, I can say that I'm nice and friendly.(and sometimes cute....meowwwwww !! woof !!!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smt005 :smt003 :smt003