Post here your Elvis' pictures

Was the Pacock Suit on Display/Graceland in the Past?

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Would like to see some Pics of the Peacock Suit from the King on Display...was it displayed in the past in Graceland or sold in the near 80s directly on a Auction?
Thx

Re: Was the Pacock Suit on Display/Graceland in the Past?

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:10 pm

I think the Peacock suit was given away long before Graceland was open to the public.
I saw it in the 90s twice in the UK: at auction of artefacts from Paul Litcher collection & during an Elvis event organised by Elvisly Yours.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Here's a picture from the auction catalog.
For the record, the auction was held at Bonhams in London on August 30th 1997.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 pm

http://rareelvispresley.xooit.com/t15-Belts-Capes.htm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 am

Is the Peacock Belt, with the suit? Or still a part of the Archives at Graceland, or did Elvis, or someone, give the Belt away as well?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:12 pm

the peacock suit and belt are in the hands of two different collectors.

The picture that Energy Catalizer posted is NOT a close up of the real suit, but a b&k replica.
There are differences in used colors of the pattern and the used rhinestones are completely incorrect (size and color).

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 am

merry77 wrote:the peacock suit and belt are in the hands of two different collectors.

The picture that Energy Catalizer posted is NOT a close up of the real suit, but a b&k replica.
There are differences in used colors of the pattern and the used rhinestones are completely incorrect (size and color).

Thank you, Merry77...

Those are 2 very lucky collectors... I can only dream... My 8 yr old son, wants to live at Graceland, lol...

Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 am

Toddman38 wrote:
merry77 wrote:the peacock suit and belt are in the hands of two different collectors.

Thank you, Merry77...

Those are 2 very lucky collectors... I can only dream... My 8 yr old son, wants to live at Graceland, lol...

You dream of the peacock suit?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Toddman38 wrote:

Thank you, Merry77...

You dream of the peacock suit?

Lol, no... But owning a Elvis stage Jumpsuit, yes... :D

The Blue Tapestry/Brocade jumpsuit, is my favorite...

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 pm

I have been to Graceland over 20 times since it was opened, including being the third paying visitor through the front door on the first day.... and I do not ever recall seeing the Peacock stage suit displayed at any time.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:56 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:I have been to Graceland over 20 times since it was opened, including being the third paying visitor through the front door on the first day.... and I do not ever recall seeing the Peacock stage suit displayed at any time.

Very nice, any chance you still have your origonal ticket, from 82?