Post here your Elvis' pictures

Photo new to me

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

First time I saw this picture. I don't know the exact date and what they are playing?

Re: Photo new to me

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

july76 wrote:First time I saw this picture. I don't know the exact date and what they are playing?

131124090250922735.jpg

This is a between-takes photo of Elvis with "G.I. Blues" co-stars Robert Ivers and James Douglas, probably from May 1960.

I'll bet they're jamming to "The Purple People Eater," a 1958 #1 hit by Sheb Wooley.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 am

Right! ::rocks

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 pm

A new one to me also. Did this come from a magazine? If so, which one please?

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Tony.. wrote:A new one to me also. Did this come from a magazine? If so, which one please?

The Elvis Files Magazine Issue 5

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:I'll bet they're jamming to "The Purple People Eater," a 1958 #1 hit by Sheb Wooley.

Sheb Wooley aka Ben Colder. Always remeber the classic line from his skit of the David Houston hit 'Almost Persuaded'.

'Permit me to introduce myself, Ben Colder here. She said it ain't been no colder here than it has anyplace else'

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Sheb was also a had part in the in the t.v. series "Rawhide"
alone with some dude name Clint Eastwood!

Looks for sure they are jammin' to something,
could it be Blue Suede Shoes from the (soundtrack)on the Juke-box?
....just a thought.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:'Permit me to introduce myself, Ben Colder here. She said it ain't been no colder here than it has anyplace else'

Then her boyfriend came and made me go home.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 am

Rob wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:'Permit me to introduce myself, Ben Colder here. She said it ain't been no colder here than it has anyplace else'

Then her boyfriend came and made me go home.

That's the one Rob.

'Then I walked across the room full of tables, walked across her table too'