Post here your Elvis' pictures

Mother Dolores Hart

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 am

I had the pleasure of meeting and listening to Mother Dolores Hart today. She was kind enough to sign several items for me and my wife. This is my favorite. The King Creole Frame by Frame book. She was very sweet and had some interesting Stories about working with Elvis.
A Nice Day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mother Dolores Hart

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 am

Tony King wrote:I had the pleasure of meeting and listening to Mother Dolores Hart today. She was kind enough to sign several items for me and my wife. This is my favorite. The King Creole Frame by Frame book. She was very sweet and had some interesting Stories about working with Elvis.
A Nice Day.

Neat. Where did you have the chance to meet the former Presley co-star?

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:20 pm

She was speaking and doing a book signing at the Holy Cross Ministries in Easton, Massachusetts. Part of a three date mini book signing tour in and around Boston.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:33 pm

This is so cool, Tony.

Dig the autograph : "Loving You, Dolores Hart".

Thanks !

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 am

Mister Moon wrote:This is so cool, Tony.

Dig the autograph : "Loving You, Dolores Hart".

Thanks !

Mother Hart is still an old pro -- she did not sign that book as the nun she is now ("Mother Hart") but the actress she used to be ("Dolores Hart").

That shows a thoughtfulness to the fans who cherish her work with Elvis Presley. No wonder Elvis loved her -- she is obviously a sweetheart to this very day.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 pm

She really surprised me. It was the first time I had met her and listened to her. I had seen the HBO documentary "God is the bigger Elvis" in fact I bought a copy and she also signed the sleeve for us. But I was taken back by how well she told her stories. I could tell that she had a great reverence for those Hollywood days. She had nothing but praise for Elvis. She spoke for over an hour standing at the pulpit, and then signed every copy of her book for people. I handed out a few 8x10's to grateful audience members of her with Elvis, so they would have something special from the day. There were over 350 people in attendance and she stayed until everyone got there book or memento signed. She was supposed to be there from 2 to 4pm, but was still there signing books with her braced hand at 5.35 when we left. Not bad for a 75 year old sweet Hart.

There was a newspaper photographer there and I asked him if he would send me a few photos that he took. Knowing he had a better camera and vantage point than Cathi and I. The very next morning 15 great shots arrived in my mailbox. I think her kindness and spirit rubbed off on everyone that day.
Here is one of those newspaper shots. Photo taken by Ken Souza.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Tony King wrote:She really surprised me. It was the first time I had met her and listened to her. I had seen the HBO documentary "God is the bigger Elvis" in fact I bought a copy and she also signed the sleeve for us. But I was taken back by how well she told her stories. I could tell that she had a great reverence for those Hollywood days. She had nothing but praise for Elvis. She spoke for over an hour standing at the pulpit, and then signed every copy of her book for people. I handed out a few 8x10's to grateful audience members of her with Elvis, so they would have something special from the day. There were over 350 people in attendance and she stayed until everyone got there book or memento signed. She was supposed to be there from 2 to 4pm, but was still there signing books with her braced hand at 5.35 when we left. Not bad for a 75 year old sweet Hart.

There was a newspaper photographer there and I asked him if he would send me a few photos that he took. Knowing he had a better camera and vantage point than Cathi and I. The very next morning 15 great shots arrived in my mailbox. I think her kindness and spirit rubbed off on everyone that day.

That's awesome Tony!

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Tony King wrote:She really surprised me. It was the first time I had met her and listened to her. I had seen the HBO documentary "God is the bigger Elvis" in fact I bought a copy and she also signed the sleeve for us. But I was taken back by how well she told her stories. I could tell that she had a great reverence for those Hollywood days. She had nothing but praise for Elvis. She spoke for over an hour standing at the pulpit, and then signed every copy of her book for people. I handed out a few 8x10's to grateful audience members of her with Elvis, so they would have something special from the day. There were over 350 people in attendance and she stayed until everyone got there book or memento signed. She was supposed to be there from 2 to 4pm, but was still there signing books with her braced hand at 5.35 when we left. Not bad for a 75 year old sweet Hart.

You make us all feel as if we were there. Thank you so much for sharing this event, and the photos.

God bless Mother Dolores Hart. Somewhere, Elvis is smiling.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 am

Thank You Doctor. I thought it was worth sharing, Glad you liked the post.
Notice the little girl sitting at the front. Best seat in the house. Photo by Ken Souza.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am

Bless her Hart :!:

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks for sharing these memories and photos Tony

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Tony King wrote:....She was supposed to be there from 2 to 4pm, but was still there signing books with her braced hand at 5.35 when we left. Not bad for a 75 year old sweet Hart.....

lol...indeed! Such a neat experience. Thanks for sharing.........

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm

thanks and that would be well worth attending.