Post here your Elvis' pictures

larger version?!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Lauderdale courts in a larger version... I never saw this large version of this picture.

Source: http://www.npr.org/2013/08/14/211351326 ... soundtrack

Re: larger version?!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Sorry only have a small version of this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Who is this woman?!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Beside Elvis is Betty Ann McMahan, a (girl?) friend of Elvis in those days. In fact, her name is mentioned in the first post's link.

This photo appears in astounding quality in Dave Marsh's book "Elvis". I would like to add a scan, but the book wouldn't fit my A4 scanner.

However, the version seen here is clearly less cropped on the sides, although probably a bit cropped on top and bottom (as compared to Marsh's book).

Thanks for posting it, Erik !
Last edited by Mister Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:Lauderdale courts in a larger version... I never saw this large version of this picture.

490000_w Betty Ann McMahan_Memphis.jpg

Source: http://www.npr.org/2013/08/14/211351326/the-pink-cadillac-with-the-memphis-soundtrack

Nice spot! You are correct that this version of the 1949 photo shows a greater width than previously known.

Supposedly, the gal with him, Betty Ann McMahan, was a girlfriend, circa 1948-1950, having met in part because Gladys worked for her father, owner of a local drapery store.

Also, the photo was taken by Lauderdale Courts neighbor Margret Cranfill, not Elvis' mom:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/photos/2007/aug/15/5336/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks for the correction, Doc.

I've edited out the first line in my post. Sorry guys for the wrong information.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Thanks for the correction, Doc.

I've edited out the first line in my post. Sorry guys for the wrong information.

You were fine. And your input on FECC most appreciated!

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 am

I like that you can see the shadow of the person taking the photo. Nice find!

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:31 am

ranskal wrote:I like that you can see the shadow of the person taking the photo. Nice find!

That has been seen before, but the detail to the left and right of Elvis and Betty is new.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ranskal wrote:I like that you can see the shadow of the person taking the photo. Nice find!

That has been seen before, but the detail to the left and right of Elvis and Betty is new.

I hadn't seen it before, I was familiar with the version Matt Ashton posted.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 pm

It was new for me to and this picture looks a copy of the original picture. On the right side i think part of the picture is cut off so the original is still a little bigger then we see in this larger version. It's not much but its someting:-)

Glad I found someting new... its hard to find pictures not discussed before on this forum...

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:It was new for me to and this picture looks a copy of the original picture. On the right side i think part of the picture is cut off so the original is still a little bigger then we see in this larger version. It's not much but its someting:-)

Glad I found someting new... its hard to find pictures not discussed before on this forum...

Much appreciated!