Post here your Elvis' pictures

Christmas

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:43 pm

"I Don't Need A Lot Of Presents...To Make My Christmas Bright."
EP, 1957

I know it's a bit early to get festive....but the big box stores don't seem to care.

Re: Christmas

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:"I Don't Need A Lot Of Presents...To Make My Christmas Bright."
EP, 1957

I know it's a bit early to get festive....but the big box stores don't seem to care.

*Sigh* ... of course you know the photo was taken at Graceland on March 7, 1960. Don't you?

phpBB [video]

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Great to start celebrating Christmas, you can never be too early to feel excited about a celebration :D

Thanks!

(What a lovely point of view that Elvis had, too).

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am

Christmas 1975 (I think)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:46 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
*Sigh* ... of course you know the photo was taken at Graceland on March 7, 1960. Don't you?

Of course....I was referring "1957" to the quote I posted on my initial post. ( ref."Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me")

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Of course....I was referring "1957" to the quote I posted on my initial post. ( ref."Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me")

How could I have ever made such a mistake?

Nice post, BTW.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:43 am

nice pictures of elvis in the 70,s
in i thought 1974 but it can be 75 as well
i don,t know
thanks for the pictures
jan

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 pm

There´s something depressing about the christmas pictures from 1975, but I can´t put my fingers on it. Maybe it´s the dark photos or the wearing of track suit at christmas. I hope he had a good time.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 pm

dreambear wrote:There´s something depressing about the christmas pictures from 1975, but I can´t put my fingers on it. Maybe it´s the dark photos or the wearing of track suit at christmas. I hope he had a good time.

I agree. And what about wearing those horrible glasses inside the house, at Christmas!?
Looks like he was no longer able to be a real person. Very depressing shots.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 pm

dreambear wrote:There´s something depressing about the christmas pictures from 1975, but I can´t put my fingers on it. Maybe it´s the dark photos or the wearing of track suit at christmas. I hope he had a good time.

Notice that Elvis faces the camera not once, which is unusual.

The photos betray a sadness, despite the holiday. This season was one of Elvis' favorites, but he was not in the best health, and several incidents occurred that did not help. Nurse Marion Cocke recalls his telling her of a disturbing nightmare he had on Christmas Eve where he was broke, all the people around him were in it for the paychecks only, and when he needed help they all deserted him. How telling is that? He awoke in a rage.

Then, on Christmas Day he took family and friends for a ride on the Lisa Marie. When they landed, Elvis' jeweler, Lowell Hays, gave everyone some items as presents. Unfortunately, his Aunt Delta was drunk and accused people like Marty Lacker and T.G. Sheppard of being there only for handouts. She threatened to shoot Lacker. Elvis was furious and in not uncertain terms had her taken off the plane. A few hours later he came to Billy Smith's trailer behind Graceland, banging his cane on the door, out of his mind angry over what had happened on the plane. She had embarrassed him, and ruined his Christmas, and he wanted to kick her out of the house -- or worse.

Billy, bless his heart, calmed down his cousin with typical calm and patience, and Elvis let go of the anger through his tears. Talk about a blue Christmas.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 am

The photos are indeed sad, It's obvious he was depressed and feeling lonely :cry:

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 am

yaso wrote:

The photos are indeed sad, It's obvious he was depressed and feeling lonely :cry:

Scroll up, and find out why... ;-)

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 am

Read the whole thing, and was unaware that all of that happened on Christmas, or I forgot. How sad that one of his last Christmases was so miserable.

Happy Upcoming Holiday Season, everyone. {semi-sad face}

rjm

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:09 pm

We can only hope that his last christmas in 1976 was better, in love with Ginger and hopefully in a better mood as we can hear from the december tour recordings.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 am

He certainly had a White Christmas in '76.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:13 am

I like those 1975 pics. For all the talk of depression, and also with Elvis' superstar stature, there he is surrounded by a Play Doh, something with a Pizza Hut Logo, a book about Peanut Butter and Jelly, and making glove puppet shows for his daughter. It's maybe as close to "normal" as he ever got!

If he looks bedraggled, any parent can identify with that - his daughter probably had him up earlier than he was used to, and he's wearing his glasses because his eyes have bags, again, like any dad at Xmas! If he's not looking at the camera, its because he's enjoying their moment, and as he'd been doing for years, acting like the camera wasn't there.

Yes, there were other things going on in his life, but we're all capable of reading too much in to things, with the knowledge we've gained subsequently!

Incedentally, in that last photo, there's what looks like another child with dark hair in the photo - wonder who that is?

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:03 am

Yes, things were going great for Elvis in December 1975.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 am

No, not ncessarily, but we can't say he looks sad on Christmas morning because of something that happened later that day! There's no doubt the Aunt Delta incident was a huge embrassment, and he wasn't in the best shape, that's for sure, but I don't think these photos of a doting dad on Christmas morning necessarily reflect that.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Maybe the gang flying that hoilday,should have introduce "Aunt Delta" to sky-diving as an early Christmas present,...cough,cough...just a thought!?! :wink:

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:35 am

DarrylMac wrote:

No, not ncessarily, but we can't say he looks sad on Christmas morning because of something that happened later that day! There's no doubt the Aunt Delta incident was a huge embrassment, and he wasn't in the best shape, that's for sure, but I don't think these photos of a doting dad on Christmas morning necessarily reflect that.

We cannot be sure it is Christmas morning. That is just your assumption. Elvis always went by his own timeline at Graceland, and everyone else came second, including Lisa. So one could see the celebration being in the afternoon, when he got up. That, in fact, would be his Christmas morning.

Regardless, you cannot see sadness in the images, but most everyone else here can. Body language often doesn't talk, it screams. Maybe you have earmuffs on.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:

We cannot be sure it is Christmas morning. That is just your assumption. Elvis always went by his own timeline at Graceland, and everyone else came second, including Lisa. So one could see the celebration being in the afternoon, when he got up. That, in fact, would be his Christmas morning.

Regardless, you cannot see sadness in the images, but most everyone else here can. Body language often doesn't talk, it screams. Maybe you have earmuffs on.

I think there's something to say for both opinions. We know how his state of mind was of all the stories of that time. Therefor we kind off look at the photo's with that in mind and judge them to be sad. But when you look at the first pic we see a big smile on Elvis' face. So there is also a good chance he was feeling fine that particular moment. We weren't there and it's hard to judge by pics alone. The fact that the pics are dark doesn't help an objective judgement too.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Unfortunately, the bad things continued in the New Year's Eve in Pontiac, Michigan,when Elvis was very unhappy with the setup of the concert, because he ripped his pants and because of the sound and the bad weather... It wasn't a great concert and he left unhappy the stage that night.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Obviously, these pictures seem to provide a reliable and a much better insight into Elvis' real life, than many other pictures or insider reports can do. To me, these pictures are some of the most (if not the most) real private views of Elvis I have ever seen. That's why I shared them with you.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks again.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 pm

I know what you mean, the tracksuit bottoms however look like they are custom made with concha hoops on them, only Elvis would have such tracksuits ha ha