Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Anita info please

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I had already seen many photos with Anita but never this one, rare and in colour.
Date and location please

Image

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 pm

july76 wrote:I had already seen many photos with Anita but never this one, rare and in colour.
Date and location please

Image


Man, that's tiny. Looks to be from New Orleans in March 1958, probably by Lake Pontchartrain. The photo is also reversed.


580300_w Anita Wood_Lake Pontchartrain.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am

Yowza! Great shot.........

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:51 am

Anita appeared and still does, to be an absolutely beautiful, smiley, warm person.

Pity that Elvis let the real women slip through his fingers, silly wild oats.

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:58 am

Mountain Misst wrote:Anita appeared and still does, to be an absolutely beautiful, smiley, warm person.

Pity that Elvis let the real women slip through his fingers, silly wild oats.


She is, indeed. You might enjoy this:

Anita Wood --> The One Who Got Away !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61930
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=76386

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:33 am

I love Anita, she is one of my favorite Elvis' girlfriends...such a genuine classy woman..

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:Anita appeared and still does, to be an absolutely beautiful, smiley, warm person.

Pity that Elvis let the real women slip through his fingers, silly wild oats.


She is, indeed. You might enjoy this:

Anita Wood --> The One Who Got Away !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61930
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=76386



Thank you Dr John, Anita really smiles from the inside out, just a lovely person. You can see now, as a mature woman, how calm she is, too.

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 am

I just find this really interesting and amusing..(part of Anita wood interview)

A : Oh yes, after I got married in 1964 and Elvis had married by this time and had his daughter Lisa Marie. By the way, when Elvis and I were dating and talking about having a family, guess what our little girl was going to be named?
Q : I don't know what?
A : Alisa Marie. Guess what my middle name is? Anita Marie. I mean that was just always that was the name Alisa Marie. And if it was a boy it was going to be Elvis Aron Presley Junior.
Anyway, I thought that was a little coincidence there.


http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/intervi ... d3TfK.dpbs

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Another pic from the same day.

Image

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Suppose that the photos came from the same source. So the required question :
it was the first one colorized?

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm

july76 wrote:Suppose that the photos came from the same source. So the required question :
it was the first one colorized?

And does it really date from March 1958?

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 pm

How are we able to look at a photo and know it is reversed?

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 am

july76 wrote:Suppose that the photos came from the same source. So the required question :
it was the first one colorized?


First of all, you're welcome.

Secondly, it's a genuine color image.


Garfield wrote:And does it really date from March 1958?


Anita was in New Orleans during Paramount's location shoot in early March 1958, and Elvis' hairstyle is a match for this period.

If you have a better suggestion, show us what it is.


WMarkJ wrote:How are we able to look at a photo and know it is reversed?


"We"? I can't answer that question.

But Elvis' left and right profiles are different, so it was immediately clear to me the OP's shot was reversed.

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:38 am

Slightly better quality...

elvis_anita.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis and Anita info please

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks Julio