Post here your Elvis' pictures

POP TUNES 50´s record shop!.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Thought you would like this cool picture of POP TUNES 50´s record shop in Memphis showing some Elvis records from the 50´s 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Re: POP TUNES 50´s record shop!.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:16 am

Cool! I can see they also have 'Her Name is Julie' by Julie London on display as well.

I went to Memphis for the first time about 17 years ago and wasn't aware of Pop Tunes, then I returned for my first visit since then in 2009. Pop Tunes was still there but who would've known for not much longer, unfortunately I never got to visit. Last time I was in Memphis the Chinese restaurant that took over the space has also closed! See what happens, something so cool that's been around for decades makes way for something that can't last a fraction of that time. What a shame.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:09 am

Cool one Mike. Thanks for posting it.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 am

JamesVRoy wrote:Cool one Mike. Thanks for posting it.

You´re welcome! ::rocks. But it´s me who has to thank you for all your wonderful post on FECC and Facebook 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 am

Cool pic... thank you for sharing!

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Thought you would like this cool picture of POP TUNES 50´s record shop in Memphis showing some Elvis records from the 50´s 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Those were the days when the music business really promoted Elvis and sometimes overdid it (remember the big opening for LOVE ME TENDER at the Paramount Theater. What could get bigger than that?)
Sad to think that, today, Elvis has been "under-promoted" in stores for the last decade. My local music store has an Elvis CD section with a few greatest hits CDs available and anything else (including Elvis' new releases) are a special order item because he is considered a "specialty artist" (a direct quote from the clerk at my local music store).
I recently mentioned ELVIS AT STAX to the clerk at my local store and wanted to know why they didn't stock that title. She said, and i quote exactly her words "Elvis' newest CD? The guy is dead, how did he record a new CD? You mean, they are still releasing new material from an oldies act like Elvis? I'd have to order it for you because Elvis CDs are probably considered a specialty item."
So, the general public is clueless that there are still plenty of fans out there with new fans joining the Elvis collecting hobby every day.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Get your copy of Loving You today! So glad I had an opportunity to visit that store before it closed. Great pic, thanks for sharing....

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 am

KHoots wrote:So glad I had an opportunity to visit that store before it closed. Great pic, thanks for sharing....

You´re welcome!. Glad you liked it. I also had the chance to visit it back in late March 2009 and just shortly after in September 2009 it was closed :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/editori ... x?id=44705

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Typical that a Chinese restaurant should have taken over.... :cry: It seems it's not just in the UK where the National heritage is being eroded for good....

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 am

elvisbot wrote:
Sad to think that, today, Elvis has been "under-promoted" in stores for the last decade. My local music store has an Elvis CD section with a few greatest hits CDs available and anything else (including Elvis' new releases) are a special order item because he is considered a "specialty artist" (a direct quote from the clerk at my local music store).

You think maybe Elvis being dead over 36 years has something to do with it?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm

promiseland wrote:
elvisbot wrote:

You think maybe Elvis being dead over 36 years has something to do with it?

i'm sure it does...but.....the one thing that really irritates me is the fact that the store i'm speaking of, has a classical music section that is three times bigger than the classic rock n roll oldies section! The classical music is not a very good seller (judging by the way that section hardly ever shrinks due to sales and i check it out all the time because i'm at this store every week because they also have a used DVD selection.)
so...can you explain that?