Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: October 1975

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:54 am

Xaykev wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:Another picture

DEH wrote:There is something fake about that picture. the hand at the bottom looks weird.

Photoshopped, huh? :wink:

The arm looks bendy in the picture somehow, as if someone could pull it out and say, "Ha, tricked you" lol.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:11 am

After reading JC comment on her brief time with Elvis, i was like congratulation, you were filler for a month!!! anyway,i remember reading in some book (Careless love Or Baby let's play house) that one day when Joe Cathy went to Graceland after her school work, Elvis asked her to leave because Linda was coming, and it was just over.....i don't how Linda or any other woman with some self respect could put up with Elvis womanizing life style!
Last edited by yaso on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am

DEH wrote:She was not as good looking as the women he usually went for.

True, but Elvis didn't always go after gorgeous women, there were some average looking women too like Joyce bova and kathy westmoreland!

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I met JoCathy in Memphis some years ago. She is really nice. Relationship with Elvis - even though short - was real. Well, i don't think Elvis would have called it a relationship though. Photo taken in 1974.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Elvis had maybe 3 or 4 long term girlfriends.

Other than those long term relationships he dated a lot of women outside of those relationships for a short period.

These relationships would last anywhere from 2 or 3 months or a few dates.

The other women Elvis was involved with usually knew that he already had a serious girlfriend when he asked them out.

In the 1970s Linda Thompson was his main girlfriend but Elvis dated a lot of other women outside of that relationship.

All the other women knew he was unavailable and it wasn't going to be a long term thing.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Billy Budd wrote:I met JoCathy in Memphis some years ago. She is really nice. Relationship with Elvis - even though short - was real. Well, i don't think Elvis would have called it a relationship though. Photo taken in 1974.

Have to agree with you Billy Budd, actually everyone that knows her personally (that I've heard talk) talks about what a lovely lady she is.

Funny how quick some folks are to dismiss or try to minimize someone else's existance instead of seeing the positive sometimes.
I don't give a rats behind about if it's Priscilla, Linda, Ann Margaret, Anita Wood, whoever... or someone he only dated once or twice, or 2 or 3 months. Same as I don't care if it's one of the guys that was there for 20 years or 2 days. Everybody has a story to tell. Some have a bigger piece of puzzle to share, others smaller.

For those that know nothing about her except from a book by Alanna Nash (which I have not read yet) here's what I can tell you about JoCathy.
I didn't know anything about her JoCathy when we met, which was through a mutual acquaintance. We only had 2 things in common, some knowlegde of Memphis and we were both involved with American Cancer society, her much more than myself. She does tremendous amount of work for the ACS in Memphis area. I was involved in some ACS events at the time and struck up conversation about that and also Memphis. After that someone else told me about her and Elvis (she didn't tell me). After we talked I found we had some mutual acquaintances in Memphis.
She has become a friend of our family and when traveling out of state to other parts of the country for ACS events, if she was near our area she has got in touch with us so we could get together for dinner. And likewise when we're visiting Memphis we always make time to get together there.

I can tell you (based on personal observation) whether it's Lowell Hays (Elvis' jeweler from Memphis) or Barbara Klein Bauer (who sadly is in midst of a tough battle with Cancer right now), or Billy & Jo Smith, and even Joe Esposito, all people that were around in the Fall of 75, JoCathy is always greated as if she was a dear special friend by all of them and there always seems to be some warm reminiscing between them all that goes far beyond the realm of just 3 months.... most of them have stayed close friends over the years it appears. Even Lisa Marie remembered her from being on golf cart rides with her & Elvis and they had quick reunion when she did Concert in Memphis. To dismiss here relevance to Elvis world and some of the other people Elvis cared about would be a bit naive.

I could care less HOW LONG she was around. Some people met him one time, for maybe an hour. Others knew him for a few months, and still others for years.
All that matters to me is 1) she's a good human being and 2) she was indeed there, albiet for a short while but long enough to have some great stories from her short time with Elvis.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:00 pm

I also have been fortunate to spend time with, and get to know JoCathy and I couldn't have put it any better than 1sixstring.

1) she's a good human being
2) she was indeed there, albiet for a short while but long enough to have some great stories from her short time with Elvis.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 am

1Sixstring wrote:
Billy Budd wrote:I met JoCathy in Memphis some years ago. She is really nice. Relationship with Elvis - even though short - was real. Well, i don't think Elvis would have called it a relationship though. Photo taken in 1974.

Have to agree with you Billy Budd, actually everyone that knows her personally (that I've heard talk) talks about what a lovely lady she is.

I don't give a rats behind about if it's Priscilla, Linda, Ann Margaret, Anita Wood, whoever... or someone he only dated once or twice, or 2 or 3 months. . Everybody has a story to tell.

That's damn right.

My comments were in response to something Yaso said about how women could tolerant Elvis.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:49 pm

yaso wrote:

True, but Elvis didn't always go after gorgeous women, there were some average looking women too like Joyce bova and kathy westmoreland!

All three of the ladies in question are very attractive.

Please take your jealousies to another forum, your comments are rude, revealing and embarrassing.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

1Sixstring wrote:...I almost called her last night to ask her if she'd be interested in jumping on this forum and fielding some questions, but I never got around to it. She's an awful nice person but I don't know if it would be worth it to her to come on here, unless folks would take it serious. But wouldn't that be funny Thermoking if Tennesseegirl is her? Maybe she already snuck on.

Not necessary. We know more about her than she does. WE ARE FECC!!!

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:59 am

Are there any other known photos of them together? She really doesn't look like many of the women the general public is used to seeing him with. Even Kathy Westmoreland isn't what I'd have thought of as someone he'd been involved with. But I don't recall that it was exactly a very public affair. It seems as though JoCathy and Kathy are just not as glamorous or unique as Linda or Priscilla. Just my perception though.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 am

Some of these comments about women's looks are really offensive, although it is clear that beauty was very important to Elvis Presley.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 am

what was so offensive? Everyone has right to an opinion and everyone has certain tastes. its not as if anyone called her Ugly. people have commented that Elvis didn't surround himself with guys as good looking as him. no one has ever said that's offensive. Good lord, some people on here have called other people stupid on here. that's not offensive?

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 am

hardheadedwoman wrote: Even Kathy Westmoreland isn't what I'd have thought of as someone he'd been involved with. But I don't recall that it was exactly a very public affair. It seems as though JoCathy and Kathy are just not as glamorous or unique as Linda or Priscilla. Just my perception though.

According to Marty Lacker he never had an affair with Kathy.

Marty claims Kathy made it up.

It sounds possible because of all the other B.S. Kathy Westmoreland likes to claim.

Contrary to popular belief Elvis did go out with a few women that weren't models or bombshell types.

Dixie Locke
Barbara Hearn
June Juanico
Wanda Jackson
Alicia Kerwin

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:

All three of the ladies in question are very attractive.

Please take your jealousies to another forum, your comments are rude, revealing and embarrassing.

Get a grip or take a pill ! this is My Opinion.. is the word average looking embarrassing or insulting for you?? these 3 women i mentioned were Not Gorgeous and Not Attractive by any means in my view..so because you see them attractive then all people should say the same!! stop your non sense comments

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 pm

I saw my name mentioned, so I joined this group. Yes, I dated Elvis in August, September and all of October, 1975. Elvis got a big laugh out of a story I told him about a conversation I had with one of my students. She asked me if I was dating Elvis, and I told her I didn't discuss my personal life with my students. She told me that her Mama said Elvis only dated beauty queens and movie stars. Her Mama said he would never date a PE teacher! He loved the story. Yes, Elvis did date ordinary people like me. He knew I could care less about his money or what he could buy for me, not to say he didn't surprise me with gifts. What I loved the most about dating Elvis was the time I spent with who I considered my boyfriend back then, Elvis the man. He knew he could trust me, and he could be himself. I still cherish the time we spent alone.....mostly at Graceland. I still have the utmost respect for him, and there are many things about him that I will take to my grave!
JoCathy Brownlee Elkington

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 am

JojoElkington wrote:I saw my name mentioned, so I joined this group. Yes, I dated Elvis in August, September and all of October, 1975. Elvis got a big laugh out of a story I told him about a conversation I had with one of my students. She asked me if I was dating Elvis, and I told her I didn't discuss my personal life with my students. She told me that her Mama said Elvis only dated beauty queens and movie stars. Her Mama said he would never date a PE teacher! He loved the story. Yes, Elvis did date ordinary people like me. He knew I could care less about his money or what he could buy for me, not to say he didn't surprise me with gifts. What I loved the most about dating Elvis was the time I spent with who I considered my boyfriend back then, Elvis the man. He knew he could trust me, and he could be himself. I still cherish the time we spent alone.....mostly at Graceland. I still have the utmost respect for him, and there are many things about him that I will take to my grave!

JC, great to see you over here!
Welcome and although I'm sure you're selective in sharing your stories, don't hesitate to share some memories with us.

Thanks, Robert

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:15 am

JojoElkington wrote:I saw my name mentioned, so I joined this group. Yes, I dated Elvis in August, September and all of October, 1975. Elvis got a big laugh out of a story I told him about a conversation I had with one of my students. She asked me if I was dating Elvis, and I told her I didn't discuss my personal life with my students. She told me that her Mama said Elvis only dated beauty queens and movie stars. Her Mama said he would never date a PE teacher! He loved the story. Yes, Elvis did date ordinary people like me. He knew I could care less about his money or what he could buy for me, not to say he didn't surprise me with gifts. What I loved the most about dating Elvis was the time I spent with who I considered my boyfriend back then, Elvis the man. He knew he could trust me, and he could be himself. I still cherish the time we spent alone.....mostly at Graceland. I still have the utmost respect for him, and there are many things about him that I will take to my grave!

Right on. Please ignore the rude and jealous comments. It's the internet, and that means the good ... and the bad.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Welcome!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4