Post here your Elvis' pictures

October 1975

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 am

I found on facebook

From JoCathy Brownlee Elkington
Well, I seem to go from sadness to gladness! October might just be my favorite month of the year, especially 1975. I can honestly say that I was with Elvis Aaron Presley(he liked Aaron not Aron) the entire month of October that year. Yes, he asked me to please quit my teaching job and my part-time job at the Coliseum. As much as I cared about that dear, sweet man, I had sense enough to know that Miss November might not be JC. I will always cherish every moment I spent with him in August, September and all of October, 1975.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: October 1975

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 am

thermoking wrote:I found on facebook

From JoCathy Brownlee Elkington
Well, I seem to go from sadness to gladness! October might just be my favorite month of the year, especially 1975. I can honestly say that I was with Elvis Aaron Presley(he liked Aaron not Aron) the entire month of October that year. Yes, he asked me to please quit my teaching job and my part-time job at the Coliseum. As much as I cared about that dear, sweet man, I had sense enough to know that Miss November might not be JC. I will always cherish every moment I spent with him in August, September and all of October, 1975.

It's a known photo, and relationship, although Brownlee might be exaggerating the time spent together a tad.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

Thermoking i like your add, can you share this picture in a larger version... i wonder if its a real colour photo or colourized.

Thx!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

He still looks like the "real" Elvis on that photo. So if it´s from october, I really wonder what happened to Elvis the following month or so :(

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:56 pm

There is something fake about that picture. the hand at the bottom looks weird.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm

According to Alanna Nash (and JoCathy Brownlee is most likely her source) states 1974 at the Memphian, one year before they actually got together.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

The photo is from '74. Elvis first met JC at a Memphis Southmen game that year. They dated in '75.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm

DEH wrote:There is something fake about that picture. the hand at the bottom looks weird.

The photo is real. I know with all the photoshops out there now peoples brains go into overdrive if the slightest thing on a picture looks different. But it's legit.
Although 3 months is not a long time frame, she was around quite a bit for those 3 months. To the extent that she basically had to move into Graceland just to keep up with all her laundry.

She has quite a few interesting stories for dating him only 3 months.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 pm

the arm is not right though. look at the pic. it looks like they tried to make it look like their arms were entwined. does not look natural.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:48 pm

I understand how the picture looks to you but that still doesn't change the fact that its a real photograph Lol.
Numerous numbers of people would be able to verify this if there's a way of reaching them. Billy & Jo Smith plus Barbara & George Klein were the four people she saw more often than anybody else around her and Elvis during that 3 month period. And I know she's not making that up because I was sitting next to her when she discussed that very thing with Barbara Klein one time. Not to mention a few of the guys that might have also been present.

If you still think somethings wrong with the picture I really can't help you with any other info. Sorry

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:06 am

I am not looking for your help. i can tell when a picture has been touched up.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:11 am

1Sixstring wrote:
DEH wrote:There is something fake about that picture. the hand at the bottom looks weird.

Although 3 months is not a long time frame, she was around quite a bit for those 3 months. To the extent that she basically had to move into Graceland just to keep up with all her laundry.

Where the hell was Linda Thompson when all that was going on?

Does anyone know?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:17 am

She was not as good looking as the women he usually went for.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 am

brian wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:

Does anyone know?

As JoCathy explains it "Linda was just ...gone"
Haha, always makes me laugh the way she says it. JoCathy knew Linda was serious to Elvis long before she met him and she had pretty good idea Elvis and Linda would be back together as serious item soon after. She wasn't an idiot by any stretch. She saw herself as a 'filler' and all she knew was Linda was off doing her own thing for a while. I don't know if Linda and Elvis we're in cool off period over a spat or what, but JoCathy was there in the interim.
Her and Linda already knew each other (prior to Elvis) from going to the same college at that time.
And they're still friends, they had dinner together just last year.

The way she explained it the common ground between her and Elvis was they were both living in Memphis but from Mississippi.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:25 am

1Sixstring wrote:
brian wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:

Does anyone know?

I don't know if Linda and Elvis we're in cool off period over a spat or what, but JoCathy was there in the interim.
Her and Linda already knew each other (prior to Elvis) from going to the same college at that time.

I assume then that Linda knows JoCathy dated Elvis when she wasn't around and she's okay with it.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:32 am

brian wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:
brian wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:

Does anyone know?

I don't know if Linda and Elvis we're in cool off period over a spat or what, but JoCathy was there in the interim.

I assume then that Linda knows JoCathy dated Elvis when she wasn't around and she's okay with it.

You got it. That's exactly right.
She invited me and my wife to that dinner she had because there were other friends they all were joining. Had we been able to accept I would be able to say I heard conversation with my own two ears, but am only going off what she explained later on the phone. We had to leave Memphis and head out of state to get home to our children who were staying with Grandma or we would have joined her.
But the way she explains it, it's just a memory and a laugh between them now.

But after 37 or 38 years, I would expect so anyway.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 am

And to be clear it's not like she thought she had a chance of breaking them up for good, hell, Elvis led her to believe it was gone and over between him and Linda. Secretly I'm sure the lady hoped Elvis would fall for her but deep down I think she knew they still we're keeping in touch while she was dating him for that short while.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:Thermoking i like your add, can you share this picture in a larger version... i wonder if its a real colour photo or colourized.

Thx!

Im sorry i dont have it, i have found this picture on facebook

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Brownlee might be exaggerating the time spent together a tad.

Nope :smt003

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 am

tennesseegirl wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Brownlee might be exaggerating the time spent together a tad.

sorry to ask are you JoCathy?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

thermoking wrote:
tennesseegirl wrote:

sorry to ask are you JoCathy?

I almost called her last night to ask her if she'd be interested in jumping on this forum and fielding some questions, but I never got around to it. She's an awful nice person but I don't know if it would be worth it to her to come on here, unless folks would take it serious.

But wouldn't that be funny Thermoking if Tennesseegirl is her? Maybe she already snuck on.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

cool pic OP

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Another picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

tennesseegirl wrote:Another picture

Photoshopped, huh? :wink:

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:39 am

Ohhh lucky girl!
Three months with Elvis...oh my God.... :smt007 :smt007 and won so many expensive gifts ... Wow! :shock: