Re: Vernon, Linda, Lisa

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks . Never seen this one before :D

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Charlie hodge in the back.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Need I mention that photo was posted and ID'd on FECC a while ago?

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:41 am

:wtf: was Linda wearing??

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 am

yaso wrote::wtf: was Linda wearing??

A damn sexy outfit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:13 am

As Miss Mid South way back in 1970

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Need I mention that photo was posted and ID'd on FECC a while ago?

This is new for me since I'm new here:).

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:02 am

paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

it might be sexy for you men but it's tasteless and tacky! but this apparently doesn't matter to men!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:00 am

yaso wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

it might be sexy for you men but it's tasteless and tacky! but this apparently doesn't matter to men!

C'est la vie. It was the 70's.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 am

I figure it was July, and she'd just been to the lake, sunbathing. :lol:

rjm

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 pm

yaso wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

If it was a sexy shot of Elvis would u be saying it was tasteless and tacky?

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 pm

yaso wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 pm

DEH wrote:
yaso wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

Well, it's more context. She's at a show, indoors. Most other people are dressed for the occasion; Linda is wearing a two-piece swimming suit, with a waist wrap attached, but open.

It is certainly sexy to men; that's a given. If Elvis wore swim trunks to an arena, we would be a little surprised. He'd probably look fine, but I've never seen it.

What sometimes upsets women is presicely that: the double standard. Linda was on show. With much showing. And it doesn't surprise anyone. If it was a guy, it would be very shocking. (Excepting the Glam Rock look.)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:39 am

I really don't want to upset anyone.

How Linda was and is as a person is the most important. What she has to say, how she treated Lisa, Vernon, Elvis, her family and friends, and other people around her. I believe at the time that she couldn't have been more highly thought of. She was a lovely and caring person.

That is what is important.

What we have to say as women is important, how we support people is important, how we love people in our lives is important, what we do for others and the environment, is important, how we raise our children to not judge and be whole people is important, how we leave people and make them feel after being in their company, that is important.

When one dies, no-one is going to talk about what they wore, but how they made other's feel and how they conducted their life. Linda did a huge thing. She was in love with Elvis, she supported and loved him and loved Lisa, too. Shouldn't we be concentrating on the good?

If Linda and Elvis' private sex life was fantastic because of what she wore, that was important to them, and yeah, good on them, that is their business.

Life is too short, women need to support each other and forgive each other and concentrate on living their lives and teaching their children to be productive and not insecure.

I hope that what I said came out as intended.

:D

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 am

DEH wrote:
yaso wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

A damn sexy outfit.

Yes, if i saw a photo of Elvis wearing something tacky or tasteless, i will say it ..actually, there was a photo posted in this board of Elvis wearing some strange shirt and i commented with the same thing (WTF is he wearing?!) when i don't like something, i will say it whether it's Elvis or not!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:02 am

Mountain Misst wrote:I really don't want to upset anyone.

How Linda was and is as a person is the most important. What she has to say, how she treated Lisa, Vernon, Elvis, her family and friends, and other people around her. I believe at the time that she couldn't have been more highly thought of. She was a lovely and caring person.

That is what is important.

What we have to say as women is important, how we support people is important, how we love people in our lives is important, what we do for others and the environment, is important, how we raise our children to not judge and be whole people is important, how we leave people and make them feel after being in their company, that is important.

When one dies, no-one is going to talk about what they wore, but how they made other's feel and how they conducted their life. Linda did a huge thing. She was in love with Elvis, she supported and loved him and loved Lisa, too. Shouldn't we be concentrating on the good?

If Linda and Elvis' private sex life was fantastic because of what she wore, that was important to them, and yeah, good on them, that is their business.

Life is too short, women need to support each other and forgive each other and concentrate on living their lives and teaching their children to be productive and not insecure.

I hope that what I said came out as intended.

And what does all of this has anything to do with Linda's outfit ??!! Linda had a great personality but her style was kinda funny and that doesn't underestimate her as a person, Don't worry :roll:
Last edited by yaso on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 am

Kindness, that is all, Yaso.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:14 am

Mountain Misst wrote:Kindness, that is all, Yaso.

Yeah, but i didn't see any unkind comment here! unless you consider not liking someone' outfit is something unkind :!: take it easy...

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:31 am

TCB-FAN wrote:As Miss Mid South way back in 1970

Did you miss this wonderful FECC topic from 2011?

Linda Diane Thompson, "Miss Mid-South Fair" 1970!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65058

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Too bad she decided to Mar her pretty face like so many famous older people are doing.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Some of you don't understand Linda was a sexy but classy woman with her own style.
I don't think any other women in Elvis' life had such a strong personality besides maybe, ann Margret.

That 1973 picture taken on tour is fabulous and she was a real standout..

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 pm

No room for us .. :D

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Francesc wrote:

No room for us .. :D

LOL, absolutely, heaps! LOL