Post here your Elvis' pictures

Graceland portico details, pictures wanted

Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi all.

I have really tried to look all over the internet for pictures showing the Graceland portico in detail but with little luck.
There are tons of pics showing the Graceland front door, the columns and basically everything but the top of the portico.
I would like to see all the details at the top of those 4 columns (the roof section) so if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate the help!
I went to Graceland in 2002, but did not then think of this... and from where I live it's 5000 miles to Graceland (not 3000... :) ) so it's a long trip to go back for this.
The level of detail I'm looking for is such that I would be able to see the profile of the dentil mouldings etc. If someone can share blueprints of these features that would be even better.
Thanks!

Jake

Re: Graceland portico details, pictures wanted

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Wow, I thought I was obsessed with Graceland. You are ahead of me :)

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 pm

These are from my June 25, 2013 visit, maibe you'll find something in these photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:41 am

hilton22000 wrote:These are from my June 25, 2013 visit, maibe you'll find something in these photos.

Hey, a blueprint of the portico! Just what I hoped for, thanks a million hilton22000! ::rocks

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 am

Happy to help, not very good quality of the blueprint but this is all i have.
You're very welcome :smt006

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:46 am

One from me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 am

The level of detail I'm looking for is such that the picture pretty much needs to be taken with focus on the top section of the portico,
and that's really not the classic shot people take when they get to Graceland! Goes for me, too.
Thanks anyway, ArtyMorty.

The blueprint I already got does the trick, the rest I can figure out from photos.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 pm

[quote="Jacce1971"]The level of detail I'm looking for is such that the picture pretty much needs to be taken with focus on the top section of the portico,[/quote]

Is this what you're looking for?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Here is a shot I took last year. Hope it helps.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:35 am

Sami, Tony King - I Thank You!

Sharp and detailed photos from both of you. Great shots!