Post here your Elvis' pictures

First Post

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:02 am

Hi
I am new to the forum. wanted to say hello. Now i'm gonna go look around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: First Post

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 am

Hello Charlie !

Welcome to the forum.

Nice photo !

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 am

Hi Charlie, welcome to our forum. Thanks for the pic.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:36 am

Welcome Charlie!

Check out the picture section! It's a good place to start. "Davide"'s photo essays are breathtaking, and filled with rare and truthful information that you can take to the bank!

And then there's James V. Roy of scottymoore.net, who is THE expert on the mechanics of the music of the early years, and on all the places Elvis, Scotty and Bill played, and very much more. And there's "The Fool"'s periodical archive! Check that out! Extremely rare and important! And, the Dr.'s "Clinic" has wonderful multi-media essays, and a few mysteries solved along the way . . . Also, the software section if you're either a techie, or need tech help. It's great! And there are more photo experts, too. And . . . more!

So, look around, and have fun! :D

::rocks

rjm

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:52 am

Charlie Rogers wrote:Hi
I am new to the forum. wanted to say hello. Now i'm gonna go look around.

Welcome to the forum! That upload is the nicest online copy I have seen of that great portrait. It was taken in late December 1954, and Elvis was on his way. I noticed several things in the photo for the first time:

- a photo of Elvis is on the mantel
- a photo of Helen Neal (Bob Neal's wife) may be the woman we see above the mantel
- photos of Bob's son/s in the Marines are on the mantel
- Sam Phillips has on an awesome tie
- Elvis has a beautiful watch on his left wrist
- Bob has something pinned to his lapel

Thanks again!

Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 am

Looks like the same suit Elvis was wearing in one of his publicity photo's with SUN. I have a signed one of these.

[url][URL=http://s215.photobucket.com/user/Guitarman71/media/EPCOLLECTION2_zps996b3be5.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
[url][URL=http://s215.photobucket.com/user/Guitarman71/media/EPCOLLECTION3_zps80c6b860.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:18 am

Thanks all of you for the nice welcome. i'm happy you like the picture and I will be reading lots of great posts here.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 am

Welcome Charlie Rogers

Everything rjm mentioned are perfect places to spend time getting familiar with the great information that is available on this website. You will find while looking at pictures and reading various sections that there is a wealth of information and knowledge from the members of this forum. There really no better place to be on the internet then here for anything Elvis related.

I agree with Doc about the photo you posted by the way. The quality and detail in the photo caught my eye instantly. That's a great copy.

Welcome again

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 am

welcome Charlie. Great photo and I like the avatar too.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:04 am

Welcome to the best Elvis-Forum in the net Charlie! ::rocks

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 am

Welcome Charlie

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:56 am

Welcome!!! :smt006

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Welcome aboard the board, Charlie!