Post here your Elvis' pictures

july / august 1969 ? who has this pic in better Q ?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Great candid shot in Las Vegas!

Now on sale, is dated on the back june 70, anyone a specific date? And hopefully in better Q... :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Elvis-P ... 338542f4d5

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ed40 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: june 1970 ? who has this pic in better Q ?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 pm

ed40 wrote:Great candid shot in Las Vegas!

Now on sale, is dated on the back june 70, anyone a specific date? And hopefully in better Q... :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Elvis-Presley-Candid-Photo-June-1970-on-A-KODAK-PAPER-/221279089877

Ed

The candid is new to my eyes, but the eBay seller has the incorrect date of the photo.

June 1970 is when the image was processed.

The photo of Elvis in the hallway at the International Hotel comes from July-August 1969, maybe even on his way to change his clothes for the 7-31-1969 OS.

Armed, uniformed International Hotel security man J. Tom Miller and Presley bodyguard Delbert "Sonny" West, in blue t-shirt and Van Dyke beard, lead the way, and you can see Lamar Fike behind Presley's right shoulder, Tom Parker behind the other shoulder.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: july / august 1969 ? who has this pic in better Q ?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Thank you Doc,

this is a great addition (as always....)

Ed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm

ed40 wrote:Thank you Doc,

this is a great addition (as always....)

Ed

My pleasure! Cool candid it is.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 pm

I have this dated August 17, 1969, International Hotel, Las Vegas
Here's an alternate, source: Behind The Image book (i don't know if it's volume 1 or 2, sorry)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 am

hilton22000 wrote:I have this dated August 17, 1969, International Hotel, Las Vegas
Here's an alternate, source: Behind The Image book (i don't know if it's volume 1 or 2, sorry)

That's a great jacket! Never seen that one before!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ed40 wrote:Great candid shot in Las Vegas!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Elvis-Presley-Candid-Photo-June-1970-on-A-KODAK-PAPER-/221279089877

Ed

The candid is new to my eyes, but the eBay seller has the incorrect date of the photo.

June 1970 is when the image was processed.

The photo of Elvis in the hallway at the International Hotel comes from July-August 1969, maybe even on his way to change his clothes for the 7-31-1969 OS.

Armed, uniformed Hilton security man J. Tom Miller and Presley bodyguard Delbert "Sonny" West, in blue t-shirt and Van Dyke beard, lead the way, and you can see Lamar Fike behind Presley's right shoulder, Tom Parker behind the other shoulder.

It's definitely 1969, but the armed uniformed security man isn't 'Hilton', not even Ínternational' and certainly not Tom Miller.
He was one of the carry overs from the Flamingo. He did have the same kind of hair cut as Tom though.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:20 pm

hilton22000 wrote:I have this dated August 17, 1969, International Hotel, Las Vegas

Come on Elvis, can you take at least one bad pic in 69, my god. He looked so amazing that it was scary!!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Yep, August 17th for me also...

17TH.JPG

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Yep, August 17th for me also...

17TH.JPG

August 17 is what I´ve got for the first photo in this thread as well.

However Julian, I believe your photo is from August 21, like this one.
690821-Las Vegas-b07.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Simon1 wrote:It's definitely 1969, but the armed uniformed security man isn't 'Hilton', not even Ínternational' and certainly not Tom Miller.
He was one of the carry overs from the Flamingo. He did have the same kind of hair cut as Tom though.

It's definitely an International Hotel security man -- the patch on his right shoulder sleeve clearly shows the name. I did mistakenly type "Hilton," though -- now corrected. It did not formally become the Hilton until January 1972. And the guard sure resembles J. Tom Miller.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Simon1 wrote:It's definitely 1969, but the armed uniformed security man isn't 'Hilton', not even Ínternational' and certainly not Tom Miller.

It's definitely an International Hotel security man -- the patch on his right shoulder sleeve clearly shows the name. I did mistakenly type "Hilton," though -- now corrected. It did not formally become the Hilton until January 1972. And the guard sure resembles J. Tom Miller.

Doc, I asked Tom because I saw it wasn't him but wanted to make sure before I posted, he doesn't remember his name, he thinks it was 'Flanagan' and he was pulled from the Flamingo with others because they needed extra security when Elvis arrived. He does indeed resemble him.

And thank you Julian Grant for posting a shot I didn't know yet. The man looked spectacular during this time.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 am

Julian Grant wrote:Yep, August 17th for me also...

17TH.JPG

OH MY!!! New one for me! Thanks for sharing this one! He looks absolutely perfect here! ::rocks