Post here your Elvis' pictures

Anaheim '73

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Here is a very cool picture from Anaheim, CA. April 23, 1973.
Anybody interested in trading HQ files? PM me if interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anaheim '73

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:38 pm

M-P wrote:Here is a very cool picture from Anaheim, CA. April 23, 1973.
Anybody interested in trading HQ files? PM me if interested.

Great pic, thanks!!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 pm

It's a great pic, indeed, but it's not from Anaheim, he wore Thunderbird on April 23 and Orange Sunburst on April 24.
Looks more like Las Vegas Jan-Feb 73, i have this photo but i can't find it right now.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 am

hilton22000 wrote:It's a great pic, indeed, but it's not from Anaheim, he wore Thunderbird on April 23 and Orange Sunburst on April 24.
Looks more like Las Vegas Jan-Feb 73, i have this photo but i can't find it right now.

Thanks for the information ::rocks

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 am

Actually, it almost certainly IS Anaheim on April 23rd.

Here's a snap from Candid Central, specifically dated April 23rd, where he's wearing the same suit / necklace etc. Also, Elvis In Concert has Elvis wearing the Thunderbird suit on the 24th, not the 23rd, and wearing this same suit on the 23rd. It's definitely later than Vegas, as I don't believe he wore that crucifx in Vegas, and was wearing the shark tooth necklace in Vegas.

Anaheim April 23rd.jpg

Here's a shot from the following night, the 24th, in the Thunderbird suit. Notice he's wearing the same crucifix necklace without the shark tooth necklace from Vegas.

Anaheim April 24.jpg

I should add - thanks for positing the photo in the first place, it's a fantastic pic, in great quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

Elvis Files Vol.6 - page 383

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:03 pm

... and this one ?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I should add - thanks for positing the photo in the first place, it's a fantastic pic, in great quality.

You are welcome. Here are a few others from April 24
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1214089301

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm

M-P - those April 24th pics are all reversed, but thanks for sharing.

Steve - looks like there's a curtain behind Elvis, whereas in the other Anaheim pics, there are seats behind the stage.

Maybe Fresno 25th April?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 pm

This is not a curtain, Darryl : but "trails"

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Actually, Elvis wore the Thunderbird on the 23rd and the Orange Starburst on the 24th...

http://elvisphotosbyleech.com/contents/en-us/p69.html

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Scott, I know The Fool helped Paul with the date for these candids. Any chance Ken Leech might have the 2 shows mixed up?

Elvis in Concert also have the Starburst on 23rd and Thunderbird on 24th.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/group74.html

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Scott, I know The Fool helped Paul with the date for these candids. Any chance Ken Leech might have the 2 shows mixed up?

If you read that thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66834 carefully (actually just the 3rd page), you'll notice they never nailed the date for the shot - only the location. :)

Leech's dates are accurate - he was only in the first show in Anaheim.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Scott, I saw that you are credited with the review for the April 23, 1973 show on http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press444.htm

Any chance there were any photos accompanying the review as I also have the photos dated the other way round, Starburst on April 23 and Thunderbird on April 24.
I would love to believe Rosemarie Leech but I also know that more than one of those famous photographers got their dates wrong in later years.
I know that I have one of Len Leech´s old photolists from the late 70´s somewhere but I just can´t find it.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Great photo! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh oh ... :?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:34 pm

bripet56 wrote:Any chance there were any photos accompanying the review as I also have the photos dated the other way round, Starburst on April 23 and Thunderbird on April 24.
I would love to believe Rosemarie Leech but I also know that more than one of those famous photographers got their dates wrong in later years.
I know that I have one of Len Leech´s old photolists from the late 70´s somewhere but I just can´t find it.

Unfortunately, no. I'm wondering whether any other papers (such as Orange County Register) covered these Anaheim shows?

There was a 1973 photo in the same paper accompanying the 1976 review with Elvis in the Thunderbird suit. It would stand to reason that a paper would have had a photographer at the first show and it would be from the 23rd. Along with the Leech date and this page from a book on Anaheim, I currently have the dates as I've said.

But it's hardly conclusive, I know. :wink:

elvisanaheim73.jpg