Post here your Elvis' pictures

'68 Press Conference

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:27 am

June, 1968

Re: '68 Press Conference

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:05 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:June, 1968

Here is the shirt, in Liverpool about 10 days ago....

IMG_2435.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 pm

The blue color must have dyed out.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:48 pm

That photo, and more from that day, were posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76929

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Gosh. I loved that color! I have old clothes -- some really old, from childhood. NY Jets stuff in kiddie sizes, and that didn't happen. Still Kelly Green. Hmmm.

That's a shame. It was such a beautiful electric blue. :(

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:41 pm

rjm wrote:Gosh. I loved that color! I have old clothes -- some really old, from childhood. NY Jets stuff in kiddie sizes, and that didn't happen. Still Kelly Green. Hmmm.

That's a shame. It was such a beautiful electric blue. :(

rjm

It's still is, it's just the exposure in that shot due to the low lighting.

With the photo color corrected (not enhanced) you can see the actual color of the shirt.
You can also notice the faded red lettering in the NBC Special LP that is now correct in my uploaded color corrected photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:12 pm

promiseland wrote:It's still is, it's just the exposure in that shot due to the low lighting.

Yes.. I took that picture with my phone about 10 days ago as I said. The shirt is in great condition and still very much blue.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks, folks! Of course, you took the pic, Julian, so that puts one's mind at ease. And, pl, Photoshop generally gets it right. I mean, it is just a shirt, but I actually read a description of the shirt (TV Guide archives) before seeing it. I actually shop for clothing that is "electric blue"! :D

Look at him: he's just radiant! That sure must have been a great day.

rjm

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 am

rjm wrote:Thanks, folks! Of course, you took the pic, Julian, so that puts one's mind at ease. And, pl, Photoshop generally gets it right. I mean, it is just a shirt, but I actually read a description of the shirt (TV Guide archives) before seeing it. I actually shop for clothing that is "electric blue"! :D

Look at him: he's just radiant! That sure must have been a great day.

rjm

Actually No, that's why I don't use it for color correction.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 am

Really? Intriguing . . . ??

rjm
P.S. -- I know I've struggled with poorly developed color in the program, but I assumed there was nothing more that could be done with something in very, very poor shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 am

rjm wrote:Really? Intriguing . . . ??

rjm
P.S. -- I know I've struggled with poorly developed color in the program, but I assumed there was nothing more that could be done with something in very, very poor shape.

I use the standalone of Tiffen Dfx for color correction, it can bring to life some pretty poor images.
http://www.sharbor.com/products/TIFN0280011.html

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:Really? Intriguing . . . ??

rjm

I use the standalone of Tiffen Dfx for color correction, it can bring to life some pretty poor images.
http://www.sharbor.com/products/TIFN0280011.html

There is a free trial version. And it does look impressive. CS6 -- the whole production suite (edu "discount") cost a fortune, but Adobe will be moving to an all-cloud model, so it's definitely worth a look!
Thanx for the tip. (By the way, I will soon be getting Nero 12.5. Saved up for it for a while.)

rjm