Post here your Elvis' pictures

1959 Candids

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Re: 1959 Candids

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Is FB not kind enough to credit the book these are taken from?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Is FB not kind enough to credit the book these are taken from?

Apparently not. They just put the photos up and allow us to do the guess work. How nice of them.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Private Presley, The Missing Years - Elvis In Germany - Andreas Schroer (2002)

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Is FB not kind enough to credit the book these are taken from?

Apparently not. They just put the photos up and allow us to do the guess work. How nice of them.

Frustrating I know. I've been on a couple of those Facebook pages and I always try to thank the posters that bother to give any info possible, if they don't know the source to cite, they at least attempt a date and location then say "this is all I know".

Unfortunately on some of those pages most people just like to do what I call 'page bombing'. They'll drop 20 pictures in a row in 10 minutes time without giving any thought to info being provided. :x

Nice candids here by the way.
Last edited by 1Sixstring on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

TCB-FAN, If you read the full post you'd find that the photos were immediately credited to 'Private Presley - The Missing Years'

In tne book Private Elvis- The Missing Years there´s a chapter by Siegrid Schutz called Elvis in Bad Nauheim. She´s on a lot of pics together w Elvis, this among them. So she´s to the far left in the photo.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Image

I've not ever seen Elvis so cranky to be in a spot, as he is in the last two photos, above.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:38 am

I love pictures of our man in my country. :smt007

It is very sad, that most of the people do not write any information to there uploaded pictures. There are so many in the web, but so little information and sources. I am often happy to find a great pic and copy it on my machine, but I want write info to that image and do not find them.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:07 am

On FB, they "thank" whomever posted it, and don't care who TOOK a picture. Happened to me only once, and the guy who posted it was nice, but it's the "thank you's" that irritated me most of all.

I had posted it here and the Google bot got it. So, it gets posted there, and nobody asks who took it! Just "thank you." Many "thank you's." To someone who had nothing to do with it. I had the actual original physical photograph sitting in front of me, as I was reading someone else thanked for posting my photo that I developed in my darkroom.

I went a little kooky, as you might guess. If it had been a life picture of Elvis, Lord only knows my reaction. I feel bad for the folks who took photos of him, with this sort of thing. Man. It's the FB culture that's the problem.

The guy is a photographer and said he had no idea. And he didn't. Later I reuploaded a better scan, with copyright notice, and shared it with him. Nice guy, very nice, but I had to establish that.

All people want is a little credit. Or an attempt to find out.

Also, creative, original memes get tossed around without a thought to credit. People have started signing them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4