Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis at the parking lot at Graceland, july 1960

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 am

rjm wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:What some are wanting to say but won't say, is they think the way Elvis is wearing his shirt looks kinda "gay." There I said it. Maybe that was the style back then, I don't know. I grew up in the 70's...a for sure goofy time for fashion.

There you said it! ;)

Apparently, Elvis didn't give a flyin' flip what anybody thought; he knew kewl and was completely secure in himself. Always had been.

"Dandies" are NOT gay, but they dress better than anyone in the room, and they know it!

rjm
P.S. -- Katherine Hepburn, for instance, was straight as an arrow, but preferred real trousers, worn glamorously. Kind of a female dandy-in-reverse. She changed the world. People like that are heroic.

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

There are rumors about Katherine being Bisexual, but of course we don't know!

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:16 am

Nice photo's love the wrist band E is wearing. Unfortunately in the photo's hardly anyone looks excited or happy lol.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 am

rjm wrote:
TJ wrote:I don't know for certain, but there have certainly been rumours.

Some scandal-bios in recent years.

If she had been, I don't think she'd be the type to deny it. There were rumors, due to her strong personality, which she did deny. One book tried to say her relationship with Tracy was not real. And that's pure trash. They loved each other dearly. The guy was married!

Seems like one can't be different in this world without gossips.

rjm

Yes, it could just be gossips coming up with something that wasn't true. That said, we aren't talking about 2013 here. Admitting that she was a lesbian or bisexual in the era that she was a big movie star would have been career suicide.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 am

TJ wrote:
rjm wrote:
TJ wrote:I don't know for certain, but there have certainly been rumours.

Some scandal-bios in recent years.

If she had been, I don't think she'd be the type to deny it. There were rumors, due to her strong personality, which she did deny. One book tried to say her relationship with Tracy was not real. And that's pure trash. They loved each other dearly. The guy was married!

Seems like one can't be different in this world without gossips.

rjm

Yes, it could just be gossips coming up with something that wasn't true. That said, we aren't talking about 2013 here. Admitting that she was a lesbian or bisexual in the era that she was a big movie star would have been career suicide.

It doesn't matter, but people should be free to be themselves without being interrogated. Elvis wore that uh, uh . . . halter-top-style thing, and nobody ought to be wondering what everyone starts to wondering. We all do it. We've all done it already, to one degree or another. Unless we live under a rock. That is a very "fopish" get-up. More power to him! He had total self-security in that regard.

I don't like to wear skirts, and if I were male, being Scottish would be problematic. ;) I mean, pantyhose is a special kind of torture. And knee socks, popular today with grown women, look dumb. And you can't sit where you want, how you want . . . so if you opt out of the whole fashion thing, why should anyone question your sexuality because of choice of clothing style? Should they not admire you, instead?

Should I stop shopping at Duluth Trading Co. because perhaps lesbians shop there? (I actually have no idea if they do.)

That was the point. Elvis kinda freed everybody by insisting on being himself, in comfortable "style," and in not giving a (bleep) what anyone thought. *He* felt good with how he dressed.

I wish I had his courage instead of binding myself into polyester leg torture every so often.

rjm

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Candid are always great and welcome.

drjohncarpenter wrote: ... Context is always important! ...

:idea: You should put a copyright on that. A short and true quote.

Re: Elvis at the parking lot at Graceland

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Rob wrote:Hopefully that gal with him has had better photographs taken of her.

not a nice remark.