Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis Tupelo 1945?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Found this on EIN Facebook page...what do you think?? Here is the info that was posted with the pic:

"RARE UNPUBLISHED PHOTO of ELVIS PRESLEY in TUPELO , MS 1945 ? on bicycle....the story I was told is that Elvis was leaving the drug store in Tupelo circa 1945

As he was leaving..a lady that knew Elvis and his family was getting ready to go into the drug store..
and get a roll of film developed
She saw Elvis..and told Elvis to pose for a photo..because she had one photo left on the roll..and didn't want it to go to waste
She took Elvis' photo..and then walked inside, and dropped off the film to be developed."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis Tupelo 1945?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Somehow the face reminds me of the photo of Elvis in his coffin in 1977.

NEW Elvis in Tupelo

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 pm

This one was posted on facebook by Jayne Purdy over in The Man and His Music group. She wrote:
RARE UNPUBLISHED PHOTO of ELVIS? on bicycle....the story told is that Elvis was leaving the drug store in Tupelo circa 1945. This is posted by Kevin Woolnough on The EP Information Network group - what a pic!

1172854_10151788264393680_1519274223_o.jpg

The photo look OK to me and the bike looks like the one we have in another photo from Tupelo.

What do you guys think?

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEW Elvis in Tupelo

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 pm

GREAT, but where's the rest of it?!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

lol, I posted this same pic on here earlier Brian...wish we could see the WHOLE photo!!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:07 pm

bripet56 wrote:This one was posted on facebook by Jayne Purdy over in The Man and His Music group. She wrote:
RARE UNPUBLISHED PHOTO of ELVIS? on bicycle....the story told is that Elvis was leaving the drug store in Tupelo circa 1945. This is posted by Kevin Woolnough on The EP Information Network group - what a pic!

1172854_10151788264393680_1519274223_o.jpg

The photo look OK to me and the bike looks like the one we have in another photo from Tupelo.

What do you guys think?

Sincerely
Brian

Hi Brian

The photo can be found here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNPUBLISHE ... 3384b82abd

Thanks
Davide

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 pm

He looks older than 10 years old...more like 13 or 14. Could be him...just the date may be wrong.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:06 pm

The fool wrote:Somehow the face reminds me of the photo of Elvis in his coffin in 1977.

smt174

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 pm

brbiedoll66 wrote:Found this on EIN Facebook page...what do you think?? Here is the info that was posted with the pic:

"RARE UNPUBLISHED PHOTO of ELVIS PRESLEY in TUPELO , MS 1945 ? on bicycle....the story I was told is that Elvis was leaving the drug store in Tupelo circa 1945

As he was leaving..a lady that knew Elvis and his family was getting ready to go into the drug store..
and get a roll of film developed
She saw Elvis..and told Elvis to pose for a photo..because she had one photo left on the roll..and didn't want it to go to waste
She took Elvis' photo..and then walked inside, and dropped off the film to be developed."

The story is fanciful, the photo open to question. For certain the boy is older than ten, closer to thirteen, which would place it circa 1948 if it is Elvis. The fact that it is half-obscured is odd. There are likely other people or vehicles in the shot, and their presence may be a way of proving or disproving the veracity of the photo.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm

The fool wrote:Somehow the face reminds me of the photo of Elvis in his coffin in 1977.

I know what you mean, although it almost looks like one of those photos of Elvis in the Hawaiian sun, his eyes closed and his head back, as he sits in a chair.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 pm

bripet56 wrote:This one was posted on facebook by Jayne Purdy over in The Man and His Music group. She wrote:

What do you guys think?

Sincerely
Brian

Already posted here:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78638

My comments there:
The story is fanciful, the photo open to question. For certain the boy is older than ten, closer to thirteen, which would place it circa 1948 if it is Elvis. The fact that it is half-obscured is odd. There are likely other people or vehicles in the shot, and their presence may be a way of proving or disproving the veracity of the photo.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 pm

From the eBay page, two versions (why, I have no idea):

$T2eC16dHJIIFHJrRiFvnBSE()I,+Iw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16hHJH8FHQqTnqDfBSE()Nddrg~~60_57.JPG

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:50 am

Did Elvis ever deliver newspapers? Looks like there could be a newspaper sachel strap over this lad's shoulder.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am

Never heard that he delivered papers. We would have heard that, I'm pretty sure.

Someone put a . . . thing on the scanner glass.

1. To protect the value of the photo.

Or

2. They are hiding something.

It looks like him. My IPad ran out of battery earlier this evening, as I stared at this photo on Facebook. I swear to God, it did!

(And I downloaded it.)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Darn, I thought I checked before I mailed the photo.

I need to go on retirement soon I think :facep:

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:43 pm

rjm wrote:Never heard that he delivered papers. We would have heard that, I'm pretty sure.

Or

It looks like him. My IPad ran out of battery earlier this evening, as I stared at this photo on Facebook. I swear to God, it did!

(And I downloaded it.)

rjm

t From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

According to this article (link below) Elvis was indeed a paperboy during his teens
http://www.redwoodfallsgazette.com/arti ... /309089968

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 am

bluejeans1944 wrote:
rjm wrote:Never heard that he delivered papers. We would have heard that, I'm pretty sure.

Or

(And I downloaded it.)

rjm

t From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

According to this article (link below) Elvis was indeed a paperboy during his teens
http://www.redwoodfallsgazette.com/arti ... /309089968

Interesting. It says he was about 16, but Elvis lived in The Courts at about sixteen. And he looks about 14 in this photo, perhaps even younger (although you do see significant growth, and most people who saw him at 13 in Tupelo remember a smaller boy). So, I would say Memphis is maybe a better guess, but this story is not corroborated by anyone who we are sure knew Elvis at that time. And he wasn't very popular as a younger teen, so you would have to ask Billy, really.

This puts the place and date and circumstances of the photo into more confusion. I will say that it sure as heck looks like him!

A few more observations. I think this looks more like Memphis, but it's awfully close. The boy is either 13 or 14, and the other people in the photo, who are not obscured by that thing on the glass, are apparently African-American. This would more likely put it in Tupelo, but I don't know about him being a paperboy there at all. He did live in a predominantly black neighborhood, on N. Green St. This would represent the only candid from that time, and even if it's not the original, as the seller states, I think it is of important historical value, if it is genuinely him.

rjm

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 am

If it's not Elvis...then he's got a another twin some where out there. Maybe it's Jon Cotner. haha

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 am

I don't know if it's Elvis or not, but it sure looks a whole lot like him!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 am

It's obvious that it is Elvis. Here is Elvis age 11. Same kid.

[url][[URL=http://s215.photobucket.com/user/Guitarman71/media/ELVISAT11_zps54a26d1b.png.html]Image[/url]/url]

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:47 am

In the pic in question, Elvis tips his head back, we've saw him do this numerous times on film. The 1960 press conference from Graceland for one, countless of pictures as well. This is a 13 year-old Elvis Presley!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 am

Fairchild1171 wrote:It's obvious that it is Elvis. Here is Elvis age 11. Same kid.

That photo is circa Easter, April 1947, making Elvis a little bit past 12 years old.

Here it is in corrected view:

470400_Tupelo_Easter photo.JPG

The eBay image in question? The jury is definitely out until we can at least see the entire image. There must be a reason it is obscured, and that reason might just answer our questions and concerns.

See also -->
Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=67543

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

It does look like him. The decision to obscure part of the photo isn't necessarily suspicious. If only selling a print, the value of that print would obviously be much lower if the seller posted the complete photo in the listing.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 am

Now scientific data points to a 75% probability that it is him...unless other obscure data of the third parallel of the earth's axis say's otherwise. :lol:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:35 am

This is great...it sure looks like him!