Post here your Elvis' pictures

'68 Candid

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 am

November '68

Re: '68 Candid

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:50 am

TCB-FAN wrote:November '68

Whichever Facebook page you are pulling these from, they originate from FECC. That one and others were posted here in January 2011:

'68 Candids!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58709

Here's what I wrote on that topic:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Image

Elvis and fan, November 1968

Whoever this gal is, she was definitely a big fan -- she's got a copy of the SINGER LP, issued that November to Singer stores only.

Singer Presents Elvis Singing Flaming Star and Others (RCA, 1968)
Image courtesy of the amazing site, www.elvisrecords.us | The Elvis Presley Record Research Database

In her hands, on that slab of vinyl, she holds one of Presley's very greatest recordings, the then-only five months-old live take of "Tiger Man." And it also has his kick-ass version of "Too Much Monkey Business," you know, the one with the quiet anti-Vietnam War reference.

I wonder if Elvis even knew what was on that LP?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58709&p=867406#p867406

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:November '68

Whichever Facebook page you are pulling these from, they originate from FECC. That one and others were posted here in January 2011:

'68 Candids!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58709

Here's what I wrote on that topic:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Image

Elvis and fan, November 1968

Whoever this gal is, she was definitely a big fan -- she's got a copy of the SINGER LP, issued that November to Singer stores only.

Singer Presents Elvis Singing Flaming Star and Others (RCA, 1968)
Image courtesy of the amazing site, www.elvisrecords.us | The Elvis Presley Record Research Database

In her hands, on that slab of vinyl, she holds one of Presley's very greatest recordings, the then-only five months-old live take of "Tiger Man." And it also has his kick-ass version of "Too Much Monkey Business," you know, the one with the quiet anti-Vietnam War reference.

I wonder if Elvis even knew what was on that LP?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58709&p=867406#p867406

We'll never know if he knew what was on it, but a lot of people appreciated the price at the time, as I understand it, and this time, they got some bang for their buck.

Oh, and while it may have been a "quiet" reference, it's a reference that, say, Bob Dylan, to my knowledge, never made. And Elvis did. And in time, as with a recent book published about the Cold War, this will become better known among those who don't see Elvis as a joke in a fat suit. (Thinking of Jack Black in the otherwise hilarious Drunk History. Last week's was a side-spliiter! Drunk: "I'm dying; I'm so nauseous." J. Edgar Hoover, as "old man": "I'm dying." Then cut back to drunk kid on floor. Sorry for the off-topic, but It liked to kill me!)

Awesome pic, and retrieved to its rightful origin: here!

Thanks!

rjm
::rocks

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Whichever Facebook page you are pulling these from, they originate from FECC. That one and others were posted here in January 2011.

rjm wrote:Awesome pic, and retrieved to its rightful origin: here!

You guys be easy on him. He needs the attention and normally stalks my posts trying to get it.

As redundant as he is, try to make the little feller feel as important as you can.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:50 am

Rob wrote:He needs the attention and normally stalks my posts trying to get it.
As redundant as he is, try to make the little feller feel as important as you can.

Retaliation for speaking the truth about your "CD Giveaway For Kissing Rob's Ass For His Inflated Ego" thread ? Who's the one stalking now ? Last I checked, this is my thread that I started. I can see right through you..for who you really are....(I won't say what exactly for the sake of common decency) ....beyond the make-up, stockings, panties, etc....You can't fool me. Stop it.

Where is the "destroy and ignore" button when I really need it ? Geesh. :facep: :facep:

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:57 am

Still not enough attention, princess? Always wanting to be Rob.

Hang in there.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:06 am

Rob wrote:Still not enough attention, princess? Always wanting to be Rob.

Hang in there.

What part of "Stop It" or "Quit It" don't you understand ? I'm in no mood to play footsies tag with you ......not now..not ever. I'm a grown man with bigger fish to fry and with more serious things to worry about outside this forum. Go play footsies with someone else. I called your CD giveaway thread for what it really is...that's all....let it go. You obviously can't handle criticism well. Start being a man for once. Acting like a child won't put you over.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:22 am

You need some help. I don't know whether to pray for you or laugh at you.

So I just laugh.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:26 am

Rob wrote:So I just laugh.

Whatever you say little child.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 am

See there?

Laughing again.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 am

dang even Rob gets roughed up! i thought he was universally loved! lol

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:58 am

Rob can't get roughed up.

He has way too much fun with this.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 am

you can never go wrong with a sense of humor, always the best way to go on here!