Post here your Elvis' pictures

Conquering Vegas 1969

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:44 pm

After reading drjohncarpenters great topic "Time and Newsweek, Suspicious Minds 69" in the All Elvis section, it reminded me of a photo that I have been looking for in better quality for quite some time. Does anyone have a bigger and better version of this they would like to share?

Vegas1969.jpg

A few years ago when EPSS was still in it's infant stages, we started another project called "Conquering Vegas". We began to collect as much photos as we could from Elvis' 69 Vegas engagement. It was our idea to get this out of PB and onto a site where we could have not only all the shots available from the first shows (July 31/August 1 (DS)), but a site also dedicated to all the memorabilia, newspaper articles, the press conference stuff and whatnot from a historical event in Elvis' career.

We had one folder containing shots from the July 31/August 1st shows only, and a second folder with the photos from the rest of the engagement.
We haven't updated these folders in a long while as any spare time we do have gets dedicated to EPSS. But it's a project we are very keen on and would like to see done one day, if not by us, then by someone else. It's an event in Elvis' life that deserves a place all of it's own.

LINK TO THE 31 JULY/1 AUGUST PICTURES > http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/U-128 ... all&page=1

LINK TO THE REST OF THE August 69 PICTURES> http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/U-128 ... all&page=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Honky Tonk Angel on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Conquering Vegas 1969

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Great pic thanks sorry I can't help out.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

promiseland wrote:Great pic thanks sorry I can't help out.

No worries :)

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 pm

It´s from Tunzi´s 1991 book Elvis ´69, The Return, but I can´t make a better scan of it.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 pm

The fool wrote:It´s from Tunzi´s 1991 book Elvis ´69, The Return, but I can´t make a better scan of it.

Thanks for trying for me :)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 pm

This is what i have - and a bonus, an alternate :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

hilton22000 wrote:This is what i have - and a bonus, an alternate :wink:

Cool stuff Hilton!
I see you've been having a look through and noticed we didn't have that alternate you posted. Fantastic photo :wink:
Thank you so much.

It's cool that you posted that shots today with it being the 31st July. Today makes it a whole 44 years since that opening night!

Cheers Hilton :D

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 pm

You're very welcome, my friend, i'm glad to help :smt006