Post here your Elvis' pictures

Amazing 1956; are these pics previously unseen?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:30 pm

I was watching a Sky Arts documentary about Les Paul and when it came to the section about how rock n roll virtually ended his recorded career, multiple shots of Elvis were shown on the screen at one time. I managed to take pics of some of these fantastic pics. I don't remember seeing these before unless I am mistaken. Apologies for the poorish quality - they are photographed directly from the TV screen.
56X1.jpg

56X2.jpg

56X3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Amazing 1956; are these pics previously unseen?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Awesome, thanks Tony!!

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Hadn't seen all three but there are some (alternative) shots from the same photographer floating around, and in beautiful quality.

Here's a set someone was selling (probably still is) on ebay - they're from the same camera and I believe the date should be May 26th, 1956. Really nice photos.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 pm

You can find all these photos in "A Moment in Time, 4 Days in '56" by Michael Rose (2011)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 pm

hilton22000 wrote:You can find all these photos in "A Moment in Time, 4 Days in '56" by Michael Rose (2011)

Beat me to it!

I guess Tony dot-dot is not a fan of FTD books.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:55 pm

And also in the library of congress. They're Phil Harrington shots. The Shorpy site was posting some of his not too long ago but for whatever reason that site has gone away, much to my dismay.

mike has a lot of them and others now available here also

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:You can find all these photos in "A Moment in Time, 4 Days in '56" by Michael Rose (2011)

Beat me to it!

I guess Tony is not a fan of FTD books.

I have them ALL (and no freebies like you). I havn't opened 3 of them yet though due to the fact I need to buy some more protective book covers before I (and possibly others that visit) man handle them. Good to know these magnificent pics are in fact available to all.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Beat me to it!

I guess Tony is not a fan of FTD books.

I have them ALL (and no freebies like you). I havn't opened 3 of them yet though due to the fact I need to buy some more protective book covers before I (and possibly others that visit) man handle them. Good to know these magnificent pics are in fact available to all.

I paid for A Moment In Time – 4 Days In '56 (FTD, December 2011), as I do with most all my books.

Just curious: how many years does it take to buy protective book covers? ;-)