3.5" Elvis

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Postby bripet56 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Tony King wrote:another one to ponder I know that's Sandi Miller with him but what date?

Thanks Tony, another great candid I´ve never seen before. Please keep them coming :D

By the way, the date is November 11, 1968 at Hillcrest.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.
bripet56

Postby The fool » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Here´s a photo from November 14th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The fool

Postby The fool » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 pm

And these from November 28th. If that is the right date.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The fool

Postby bripet56 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

The fool wrote:Here´s a photo from November 14th.

Cool, thanks so much for another new photo and new date.
1st one from this date so far.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby bripet56 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Those two from Nov 28 are the ones I have as December 14.
Don´t know where I got the date from but Unfortunately Sandi Miller has different dates on photos from this date.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby bripet56 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Here´s another one I found from November 1968 that doesn´t fit in with any of the other dates we have.

6811qq-Hillcrest-01.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby Elton » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Cool find there Brian,and thanks very much for posting it!!

same to you as well Fool....Looking forward to your own section and threads
from those wonderful magazine topics!

::rocks

Moving on up.
"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^
Elton

Postby Julian Grant » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Looks like we are on a mission Brian.
Ok, I have the same dates as you for November 6th, November 10th, and November 11th. I also agree with November 29th (but I think I got that from you anyway) But your November 20th (which I didn’t have) is dated as December 6th in the Elvis Files. What’s interesting about that is that he wears the same brown jacket on December 7th when he goes to the Regent Theatre in Beverly Hills. So, could that November 20th picture actually be December?
I have the same as you for December 2nd, December 4th, December 6th, December 12th but your December 14th I have as November 30th. Your December 19th picture I have as at Hillcrest. What date did he go back to Memphis? 6812xx with the wreath I have as December 1st.

In addition, I have this dated November 18th, 1968

18thnovember68hillcrest.jpg

This dated December 7th, 1968

7thdecember68hillcrest.jpg

And this as December 18th, 1968

18thdecember1968hillcrest.jpg

Julian

bripet56 wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:Firstly, Tony King, thanks for starting this thread. Theses candid pictures of Elvis are always really great to see and to try and date.

Hi Brian, Do you have any pictures dated November 26th?

I would agree that no 3 on Tony’s sheet was taken on the 6th November. I’ve noted that “The Elvis Files” has Elvis wearing the same jacket & scarf on 26th November. In fact, the ‘car shot’ is in volume 4 and dated as 26th November. I’ve had several pictures from this night dated as 6th November for a long time, I don’t know where Lorentzen got the November 26th date from and at this moment I’m suspecting he’s got it wrong and sticking to the 6th for the time being.

Picture no 5. Elvis in the brown jacket & trousers with green/gold coloured scarf I have as November 30th which incidentally is the same as “The Elvis Files” so I felt comfortable with that date.

Jim dandy, I see what you mean about the ‘band-aid’ but I suspect it’s not and for some reason just on the picture. Here are a couple more from 9th April

No Julian, I don´t have any photos from November 26 at all.
We had a discussion a couple of years ago I think about these photos and I think we ended up dating them as December 1§4, 1968 cause that´s the date I have put on all of these photos.
I have two photos that were on sale on Ebay long time ago and they´re clearly from the same date. Both were Sandi Miller photos and on the back of one it says November 28, 1968 and on the other it saus December 20, 1968. In Behind The Image it says November 1968.
So it´s no easy task dating these photos and I´d really love to get the dates correct on them.
Let´s take a look at the ones I have from November and December 1968.

6811.jpg

6812.jpg

6811-6812.jpg

The photo dated 681219 is most likely wrong as "Hurry Home Elvis" says that Elvis came home to Memphis in the morning of December 19, 1968 (4:50 am) and that he stayed at home that night. The next night he went to the movies but wore different clothes than in the photo. So anybody wanna guess the date of the photo??

The same goes for the last four photos. I have no dates on any of those so any help would be appreciated.

Who is the karate-guy in the November 5 phot? he appears in a number of photos from late 1968 and it would be great to hear what he has to say about those nights.

Sincerely
Brian
Julian Grant

Postby bripet56 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks Julian for the November 18 and the December 7 dates. I didn´t have a date on those photos. Does the dates come from Elvis Files??
So the one you have from Dec 7 is the same day he went to the Regent Theatre!

Your Dec 18 photo is actually from November 29.

The Nov 20 date I have from Elvis Behind the Image. I know that Sandi MIller sat down with Russ Howe and dated the photos with him according to what she remembered and that she didn´t have any exact dates or notes. Unfortunately. I wonder where Erik Lorentzen got his dates from for the Elvis Files book.

I don´t know what to do with the Nov 20/Dec 6 photos or with the Dec 14/Nov 30 photos. I guess I´ll put both dates on them and file them in both my Nov 68 and Dec 68 folders until we get more info.

According to Ernst Jorgensens "Day-by-Day" Elvis went back to Memphis on December 20. However, according to Donna Lewis´ Diaries Elvis came back to Graceland at 4:15 am on December 19. So what to believe?

My 6812xx with the wreath I believe to be later than Dec 1 as it was a christmas wreath so more likely a couple of days before he went back to Memphis.

Didn´t we put a Dec 19, 1968 date on this photo a long time ago?
Hillcrest-a02.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Julian Grant wrote:Looks like we are on a mission Brian.
Ok, I have the same dates as you for November 6th, November 10th, and November 11th. I also agree with November 29th (but I think I got that from you anyway) But your November 20th (which I didn’t have) is dated as December 6th in the Elvis Files. What’s interesting about that is that he wears the same brown jacket on December 7th when he goes to the Regent Theatre in Beverly Hills. So, could that November 20th picture actually be December?
I have the same as you for December 2nd, December 4th, December 6th, December 12th but your December 14th I have as November 30th. Your December 19th picture I have as at Hillcrest. What date did he go back to Memphis? 6812xx with the wreath I have as December 1st.

In addition, I have this dated November 18th, 1968

18thnovember68hillcrest.jpg

This dated December 7th, 1968

7thdecember68hillcrest.jpg

And this as December 18th, 1968

18thdecember1968hillcrest.jpg

Julian
bripet56

Postby drjohncarpenter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Not much to add to these candids except to say how wonderful it must have been to interact with Elvis in Los Angeles in early, mid and late 1968. He was in the midst of a renaissance, both personally and professionally (birth of child, creation of NBC-TV special) and you can see it in almost every photo.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
drjohncarpenter

Postby bripet56 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:09 am

I think we´ve got to find a better date for the photo I call 681219 in my December sheet on page 1 of this discussion.
This photo:
681219-Memphis-05.jpg

According to Donna Lewis´ Diaries there was a new cream/black Lincoln at Graceland (on December 19) that hadn´t been there earlier and that she believed that Elvis would be using that car from then on.

Reading on she tells us which clothes Elvis wore when going to the late night movies.

Dec 20th he wore blue,
Dec 21st he wore light brown pants, white shirt, brown Apache scarf, black jacket, snow white boots which fits the clothes in the photo but Donna says that Elvis and Priscilla were in the backseat with Joe Esposito driving the car.
Dec 22nd there was no movies.
Dec 23rd he wore all black
Dec 24th has no listing.
Dec 25th he wore white shirt, white pants, white boots, black suit jacket.
Dec 26th he came in blue shirt, blue pants, blue leather jacket, blue/white long Apache scarf, white boots
Dec 27th he wore green long-sleeved shirt w green collar, black slacks, white boots
Dec 28th he wore a black double-breasted coat, black shirt, black pants, black boots, red/white/green long Apache scarf
Donna didn´t attend the movies on Dec 29th and 30th and on the 31st Elvis had a New Year´s Eve party wearing black velvet Eduardian suit

So, none of the above dates really fits the photo above.
However, in the afternoon of December 25th Elvis was in and out of Graceland wearing a brown jacket, goldish Apache scarf, black boots. Donna thinks he went to the cemetary.
Could the photo above be from this afternoon trip to the cemetary or perhaps from December 29 or 30.
I´m leaning more towards December 29/30 as the scarf in the photo doesn´t seem to be goldish, it´s the brown scarf she´s mentioning on December 21.

What´s your thoughts?

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby Julian Grant » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 am

Hi Brian, thanks for the updates. Yes the two additional November pictures are in "The Elvis Files". The Picture of Elvis & Colonel, is I believe December 19th and if correct it would suggest that Elvis didn't go back to Memphis until the 20th. He is wearing the same attire as with Colonel in the 'car shot'. Here is another, alternate to the one you've posted. I'm dating this as 19th also.

mnmm.jpg

bripet56 wrote:I think we´ve got to find a better date for the photo I call 681219 in my December sheet on page 1 of this discussion.
This photo:
681219-Memphis-05.jpg

According to Donna Lewis´ Diaries there was a new cream/black Lincoln at Graceland (on December 19) that hadn´t been there earlier and that she believed that Elvis would be using that car from then on.

Reading on she tells us which clothes Elvis wore when going to the late night movies.

Dec 20th he wore blue,
Dec 21st he wore light brown pants, white shirt, brown Apache scarf, black jacket, snow white boots which fits the clothes in the photo but Donna says that Elvis and Priscilla were in the backseat with Joe Esposito driving the car.
Dec 22nd there was no movies.
Dec 23rd he wore all black
Dec 24th has no listing.
Dec 25th he wore white shirt, white pants, white boots, black suit jacket.
Dec 26th he came in blue shirt, blue pants, blue leather jacket, blue/white long Apache scarf, white boots
Dec 27th he wore green long-sleeved shirt w green collar, black slacks, white boots
Dec 28th he wore a black double-breasted coat, black shirt, black pants, black boots, red/white/green long Apache scarf
Donna didn´t attend the movies on Dec 29th and 30th and on the 31st Elvis had a New Year´s Eve party wearing black velvet Eduardian suit

So, none of the above dates really fits the photo above.
However, in the afternoon of December 25th Elvis was in and out of Graceland wearing a brown jacket, goldish Apache scarf, black boots. Donna thinks he went to the cemetary.
Could the photo above be from this afternoon trip to the cemetary or perhaps from December 29 or 30.
I´m leaning more towards December 29/30 as the scarf in the photo doesn´t seem to be goldish, it´s the brown scarf she´s mentioning on December 21.

What´s your thoughts?

Sincerely
Brian
Julian Grant

Postby Tony King » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:26 pm

another
Tony King

Topic author

Postby bripet56 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Hi Brian, thanks for the updates. Yes the two additional November pictures are in "The Elvis Files". The Picture of Elvis & Colonel, is I believe December 19th and if correct it would suggest that Elvis didn't go back to Memphis until the 20th. He is wearing the same attire as with Colonel in the 'car shot'. Here is another, alternate to the one you've posted. I'm dating this as 19th also.

mnmm.jpg

Cool, I hadn´t noticed that the scarf was the same in the photos with the Colonel. So December 19, 1968 on all of them and I´d say that the photos in the car are all from Elvis leaving Hillcrest, not from Memphis.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby bripet56 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Tony King wrote:another

WOW, beautiful candid.
Thanks SO much Tony.
March 1969 I´d say!

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby bripet56 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:26 pm

So, how about a date for this one?
Anybody got any info?
6811-6812-Hillcrest-01-HPscan-Sandi Miller.jpg

The lady is holding the "Singer Presents Elvis Singing Flaming Star and Others"
279-prs-cover-side1.jpg

279-prs-cover-side2.jpg

From what I know this is the LP that was released for a very short time just prior to the TV show being aired on December 3, 1968.
Anybody know the exact date it was released?

Sincerely
Brian
bripet56

Postby Tony King » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:24 am

and another
Tony King

Topic author

Postby bripet56 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 am

Tony King wrote:and another

Thanks Tony
first time I see a colour photo from this day.
I have them dated as April 17, 1970.
Here´s another from the same day.
700417-Hillcrest-02-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
bripet56

Postby Tony King » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks Brian, yeah I have three black and whites from the same stop.

Here's another for the pot. Love it when he's signing stuff.
Tony King

Topic author

Postby Julian Grant » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:20 am

bripet56 wrote:[I have them dated as April 17, 1970.

It's difficult, "Behind The Image" has dates that differ from the 'newer' "The Elvis Files". Very frustrating actually. May I ask where you got the date Brian?
"The Elvis Files" dates this as 2nd March, 1970 and Elvis arriving back at Hillcrest following the trip to Houston.
Julian Grant

Postby Tony King » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 am

Here's what I have - info from the back of the photos.
Tony King

Topic author

Postby bripet56 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 am

Tony King wrote:Thanks Brian, yeah I have three black and whites from the same stop.

Beautiful photo Tony.
Thanks again.

This would be from March 7, 1970, leaving for Palm Springs.

700307 leaving for Palm Springs.jpg

Unfortunately all my photos from this day has SAMPLE written all over.

Sincerely
Brian
bripet56

Postby bripet56 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:26 am

Tony King wrote:Here's what I have - info from the back of the photos.

Thanks Tony for coming to my help as I don´t know where I got the date on those photos from.

Would love to see those b/w in large size as mine has SAMPLE writte all over. Got them from Ebay.

Especially the fourth is interesting as I´ve never seen that one before.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

Postby Tony King » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:53 pm

bripet56 wrote:
Tony King wrote:Thanks Brian, yeah I have three black and whites from the same stop.

Beautiful photo Tony.
Thanks again.

Sincerely
Brian

I hate it when that happens....
Tony King

Topic author

Postby bripet56 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Tony King wrote:
bripet56 wrote:

Beautiful photo Tony.
Thanks again.

Sincerely
Brian

I hate it when that happens....

Thanks so much Tony, that´s a beautiful addition to my collection which seem to be nothing compared to what you have.

I bought most of my photos back in the late 70s and early 80s and back then I was mostly into the 70s concerts, then I turned around and fell in love with the 50s Elvis when I wrote my book but today I´m into all three decades of Elvis.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
bripet56

PreviousNext

Return to ELVIS Picture Section