Post here your Elvis' pictures

Sitting In Back Of Graceland 1957 - Unpublished

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:57 pm

I believe this is an unpublished picture of Elvis sitting in the backyard of Graceland - August 27th 1957.

New to me hope it is new to all of you also.

Back of photo:

Re: Sitting In Back Of Graceland 1957 - Unpublished

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Great pic, an almost identical one can be found in "The illustrated Elvis" (Habinson 1975). I'm suprised about the date though, as his hair and sideburns looks quite different from the pics with Anita Wood at the Central station in Memhis on the same day. My guess would have been late June/early July.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Could very well be egilj, I was just going by what was written on the back. Thanks for your reply, and maybe someone can verify if it is indeed August.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Very cool photo! He is sitting right in the middle of what would become the Jungle Room. The staircase over his right shoulder (under the railing) is the same one we tourists use today, when coming up from the basement rooms.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm

elvisjock wrote:Very cool photo! He is sitting right in the middle of what would become the Jungle Room. The staircase over his right shoulder (under the railing) is the same one we tourists use today, when coming up from the basement rooms.

By golly, you're right. Very cool!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:40 pm

new to me. cool. Thanks

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm

removed
Last edited by davide on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:27 pm

davide wrote:
egilj wrote:Great pic, an almost identical one can be found in "The illustrated Elvis" (Habinson 1975). I'm suprised about the date though, as his hair and sideburns looks quite different from the pics with Anita Wood at the Central station in Memhis on the same day. My guess would have been late June/early July.

Here is the alternative, taken from Elvis In Private by Peter Haining, 1987

Thanks
David

I cant see that attachment

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Here is the one from the W.A.Harbinson book as mentioned by egilj

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 am

elvisjock wrote:Very cool photo! He is sitting right in the middle of what would become the Jungle Room. The staircase over his right shoulder (under the railing) is the same one we tourists use today, when coming up from the basement rooms.

Yeah, elvisjock spot on! The old 'back door' as seen in the picture is still the same door that is there today, leading to the kitchen, now painted brown and hidden behind a curtain you while you stand at the top of the stairs looking in to the 'Jungle Room' Thanks for posting this alternate picture promisedland - Great stuff.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 am

Julian Grant wrote:

Yeah, elvisjock spot on! The old 'back door' as seen in the picture is still the same door that is there today, leading to the kitchen, now painted brown and hidden behind a curtain you while you stand at the top of the stairs looking in to the 'Jungle Room' Thanks for posting this alternate picture promisedland - Great stuff.

You're welcome Julian Grant.
Thanks elvisjock for pointing that out! When I was at Graceland I remember that door behind the curtain and always pictured in my mind what it was like years ago just walking outside from that spot out of the kitchen t the backyard, but strangely I didn't even recognize it from the picture.

Here's a picture I took of that door at Graceland, I just happened to turn around while snapping pictures of the Jungle Room and pulled the curtain back, and took this shot. It's not very clear but it's that original door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Fantastic, promiseland! That's really cool, and one of the many things I love about Elvis fans--we don't take for granted that there is nothing behind any curtain! :)

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

promiseland wrote:I believe this is an unpublished picture of Elvis sitting in the backyard of Graceland - August 27th 1957.

New to me hope it is new to all of you also.

Back of photo:

Thanks J,very cool

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 am

It's just amazing; he's sitting outside, yet "inside" at the same time!

I'm sure the earlier bluebrints must be around somewhere, so you can see the actual dimensions, vs. what he did with it over time.

Thanks!

rjm

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:51 pm

KHoots wrote:Fantastic, promiseland! That's really cool, and one of the many things I love about Elvis fans--we don't take for granted that there is nothing behind any curtain! :)

When I tour Graceland, you can believe one thing --- > I TOUR IT!! :wink: