Post here your Elvis' pictures

Nassau '73

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm

40 Years ago today at Nassau Coliseum 6-23-73

Re: Nassau '73

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Cool pic and ad! Thanks for posting them.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 pm

6-24-73

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:09 am

I attended 3 of the 4 shows. Crowd really loved Elvis and he did a fine job. The movements from the early days of touring were mostly gone and he still maintained an aura of 'cool' seperation from the audience-still a rock idol. Singing was very good 3 really good shows. Hard to believe that a few days later in St. Louis the wheels had come off the wagon. No signs on stage or if there were i was too awed to notice in Uniondale.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:43 am

IIRC, reviewers noticed a change from the year before.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:56 pm

fn2drive wrote:I attended 3 of the 4 shows. Crowd really loved Elvis and he did a fine job. The movements from the early days of touring were mostly gone and he still maintained an aura of 'cool' seperation from the audience-still a rock idol. Singing was very good 3 really good shows. Hard to believe that a few days later in St. Louis the wheels had come off the wagon. No signs on stage or if there were i was too awed to notice in Uniondale.

Did you take any pictures ?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Always liked that suit, as the Santa Belt wasn't so obvious.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:09 am

ArtyMorty wrote:
fn2drive wrote:I attended 3 of the 4 shows. Crowd really loved Elvis and he did a fine job. The movements from the early days of touring were mostly gone and he still maintained an aura of 'cool' seperation from the audience-still a rock idol. Singing was very good 3 really good shows. Hard to believe that a few days later in St. Louis the wheels had come off the wagon. No signs on stage or if there were i was too awed to notice in Uniondale.

Yes I have about 125 from the 2 matinees. Tried to post one on the anniversary but couldn't figure it out.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:10 am

fn2drive wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:

Yes I have about 125 from the 2 matinees. Tried to post one on the anniversary but couldn't figure it out.

I would like to see all 125 :smt004

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:43 am

And yet, from the recordings and video I've seen of his return to Nassau in '75 were in much better form. The crowds were crazy and Elvis seemed to give a much better and more energetic performance. And the critics gave him credit for that