Post here your Elvis' pictures

Milton Berle Color Restortion

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I understand that a small company was able to achieve color restoration from a black and white PAL kinescope. Here's a clip of my source (June 25th) and I enhanced the color. The color fragments are more noticeable on Scotty and Bill's shirts.

You can play the video here:
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/20984123/file.html
Download if it doesn't play.
ITS NOT FROM A VHS!!!
What do you think?

Re: Milton Berle Color Restortion

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 am

emshicks321 wrote:I understand that a small company was able to achieve color restoration from a black and white PAL kinescope. Here's a clip of my source (June 25th) and I enhanced the color. The color fragments are more noticeable on Scotty and Bill's shirts.

ITS NOT FROM A VHS!!!
What do you think?

It is such an exciting clip. But I don't see much color at all.

My dream is to see the entire hour restored. I've had it on an atrocious-quality VHS tape for years.

We are not getting any younger!

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:39 am

I can send you just the clip of the whole song...not sure if that's a huge NO-NO on the forum or not...let me know drjohncarpenter.
Its from a DVD (elvis '56, no compression)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 am

I already have the DVD, but I appreciate the offer.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:I already have the DVD, but I appreciate the offer.

I hate to ask this but do you think you might be able to put up a portion of the show from your that the community has probably not seen? Not the whole show of course! That would be absurd! But please if you could? I personally have only seen the title card, hound dog, debera paget/little boy, and I want you need you love you skit.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm

emshicks321 wrote:

I hate to ask this but do you think you might be able to put up a portion of the show from your that the community has probably not seen? Not the whole show of course! That would be absurd! But please if you could? I personally have only seen the title card, hound dog, debera paget/little boy, and I want you need you love you skit.

I think he means he has the Elvis '56 DVD

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm

stan from tintane wrote:
emshicks321 wrote:I understand that a small company was able to achieve color restoration from a black and white PAL kinescope. Here's a clip of my source (June 25th) and I enhanced the color. The color fragments are more noticeable on Scotty and Bill's shirts.

ITS NOT FROM A VHS!!!
What do you think?

I think this may be of interest ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... dad-s-army

Unfortunately, from your link:
However, there are conditions: first, of course, they have to have been made in colour originally. Additionally, says Russell: "It's only applicable to PAL [the UK video standard], not to [the American] NTSC". This means that the technology "cannot be used with film recordings from the Americas or Japan".

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:34 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
emshicks321 wrote:

I think he means he has the Elvis '56 DVD

We'll it looked like he said he had the whole show on the atrocious VHS tape. I do have Elvis '56 on DVD. If he is unable to, how can I watch the show in its completion.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 am

Check out Youtube for Elvis on the Milton Berle show.......................snippets, 1st show, 2nd show, each song...............it's all there!!!........................I've made up a great DVD with Milton Berle talking about Elvis, and the 1st and 2nd shows in the best quality I could find.........it really varies in quality so check it out!.................I'd love to see Hound Dog in colour................well the whole production!!!!!! It's time and yes we're not getting any younger!.................I have the '56 DVD too.................. :D

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

emshicks321 wrote:We'll it looked like he said he had the whole show on the atrocious VHS tape.

I don't know how you got that, maybe just hoping. You said,
emshicks321 wrote:Its from a DVD (elvis '56, no compression)

He replied

but it doesn't hurt to ask

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:50 am

drjohncarpenter:
It is such an exciting clip. But I don't see much color at all.

My dream is to see the entire hour restored. I've had it on an atrocious-quality VHS tape for years.

We are not getting any younger!

I hate to make a bother. I must of misunderstood. I thought he meant that he had the whole show on VHS

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:55 am

suffice to say, for the time being at least, you, we are just S.O.L.