Post here your Elvis' pictures

INFO please on this photo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 pm

does anyone have some info on this photo ? It is supposed to be ELVIS as a baby and found in our memories of ELVIS book by sean shaver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: INFO please on this photo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Nah! Not Elvis.

For me looks like this one :smt005
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 pm

motleycrue wrote:does anyone have some info on this photo ? It is supposed to be ELVIS as a baby and found in our memories of ELVIS book by sean shaver.

001.JPG

It's not Elvis, and including such a dubious photo in a book on him is a very good reason to avoid owning a copy.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:31 pm

thank you Javier and doctor . I was disappointed with the book as it has so many b/w retouched photos.

This photo was always bothering me , I just had to find out .

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 pm

motleycrue wrote:thank you Javier and doctor . I was disappointed with the book as it has so many b/w retouched photos.

This photo was always bothering me , I just had to find out .

Your welcome motleycrue. :smt006

"Gotta break it loose
Gonna keep 'em movin' wild
Gonna keep a swingin' baby
I'm a real wild child"
- Iggy Pop.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:28 am

this photo is real !!

before 2 or 3 years, all babies are alike :mrgreen:

nb:can we remove these discussions ?

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 am

Yeah I don't know why Sean played with photos or include fakes in his books. When he did it correctly, his photo books were really good. All of them could have been great if they would have gone untouched, the raw material was there.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I agree MIKE EDER , they were for the most part very great books for the time and still are . Why he ruined some photos is just terrible.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:42 pm

motleycrue wrote:does anyone have some info on this photo ? It is supposed to be ELVIS as a baby and found in our memories of ELVIS book by sean shaver.

I had heard that Sean purchased the photo from someone in Nashville. Perhaps there is more information out there as to it's authenticity....if anyone wants to do the research.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:08 pm

bluejeans1944 wrote:

I had heard that Sean purchased the photo from someone in Nashville. Perhaps there is more information out there as to it's authenticity....if anyone wants to do the research.

It's neither Jesse Garon nor Elvis Aron Presley.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 pm

bluejeans1944 wrote:

Shaver must have purchased it from Paul Lichter.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 am

Bodie wrote:Shaver must have purchased it from Paul Lichter.

:smt005

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:00 am

javierTCB wrote:
Bodie wrote:Shaver must have purchased it from Paul Lichter.

:smt005

Not true. If it had come from Paul Lichter, he'd have appeared in the photo as well.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 am

After carbon dating the photo, sadly it turns out to be January 8th, 1936. :sosorry:

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 pm

thank you promisedland .