Post here your Elvis' pictures

Later Period Band Photo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 am

.facebook_1730068987.jpg
This shot has been popping up on Facebook lately. To my knowledge, it's the only photo of the band that incoudes Tony Brown and David Briggs. I'm thinking Spring '76, based on Jerry Scheff's appearance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elvisjock on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Later Period Band Photo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:13 am

Neat shot!

Briggs is enjoying his Gatorade.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 pm

i smell photoshop ... the unusual gap between james burton and tony brown (?) looks queer to me (of course, i´m not sure).
but who could have been retouched? the only one i could think of is joe guercio.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Christopher wrote:i smell photoshop ... the unusual gap between james burton and tony brown (?) looks queer to me (of course, i´m not sure).
but who could have been retouched? the only one i could think of is joe guercio.

This is doubtful. If someone was going to bother to remove Joe Guercio, why would they not do the same with Charlie Hodge? No one in the TCB Band considered Charlie a part of their group.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Christopher wrote:i smell photoshop ... the unusual gap between james burton and tony brown (?) looks queer to me (of course, i´m not sure).

This is doubtful. If someone was going to bother to remove Joe Guercio, why would they not do the same with Charlie Hodge? No one in the TCB Band considered Charlie a part of their group.

how do you explain the gap? for a posed picture, i´d guess as a group they would move together.
did burton and brown have a quarrel?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:25 pm

You might be overanalyzing.

Maybe there was a leaky ceiling that was dripping in the space between the two men.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm

elvisjock wrote:You might be overanalyzing.

Maybe there was a leaky ceiling that was dripping in the space between the two men.

you and the doc might be right.
thinking about it, i realized they´re sitting on a sofa.
for the men in second row, it´s easier to sit on the edge, than in the middle of the backrest.
that could be the simple answer.
nevertheless, to these eyes this one looks strangely "incomplete".

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Charlie has never sought to be in it.

And then the "name" (TCB band) did not exist during the life of EP. It was long after his death, the group was named like that.