Post here your Elvis' pictures

Family Portrait, 1970

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 am

Rare pose shot. December 10th, 1970

Last edited by TCB-FAN on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Family Portrait, 1971

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 am

These are actually from December 10, 1970;

Lisa Marie, Elvis & Priscilla at their Hillcrest home in Los Angeles on December 10, 1970
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... lep71.html

Re: Family Portrait, 1970

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Brian argued in a very convincing manner a couple of years ago that the family pics were taken in late November. I think his jewelery, glasses, the length of his hair led him to that conclusion. Brian, help me out here. Besides I think he looks noticeably puffier at the Dick Grobs wedding on December 11.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 pm

bripet56 never settled on a date, though.

Maybe they were done around Thanksgiving 1970. Was the family in Los Angeles then? No doubt the photos were done professionally, so if we find out who did the work, we can determine the date.

BTW, that is a beautiful shot, new to my eyes. All the family portraits should be collected and published in nice quality from the original negatives. It was a sweet moment in time, one which was not to last much longer.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 am

Doc you are so right. These serve as Exhibit A in how appearances can be deceiving. The happiness and joy of a loving family is so evident but just wasn't enough. As a young kid when these were first published i couldn't have imagined anything cooler. Elvis had rock start looks, a million $ smile, the sharpest suit ever and beautiful wife and child. But he was on the edge of the precipice and the momentum carried him over.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:34 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Rare pose shot. December 10th, 1970

This looks so nice in Hi Res

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:34 pm

jinjoe wrote:

Do you have one?

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm

I have the entire set of these photos on my computer. Lisa, apparently, was not a happy child before these pictures were taken and even cried sitting on her father's lap (according to Priscilla's book.

(There are nineteen photos in the collection but I was only allowed to upload five of the pictures).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tony Trout on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I have the entire set of these photos on my computer.

Post them buddy boy! :smt007

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

I've always thought this was a beautiful picture.

n8598901602552850645fk9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:07 pm

promiseland wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:I have the entire set of these photos on my computer.

Post them buddy boy! :smt007

It won't let me post all nineteen of them in a single post. How do I get around that? I'll post them if you'll answer that question, I promise.

For now, I've uploaded them here:

Presley Family Photos 1970

Julian Grant wrote:I've always thought this was a beautiful picture.

n8598901602552850645fk9.jpg

I agree - that's beautiful!!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Post 3 or 4 in one post and then 3 or 4 in another ..and so on

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 pm

That is a great photo. Thanks for posting. It's surprising more professional photo sessions were not planned like this for personal use. How did the set get into view? I know Elvis had a few in his hands when he visited Nixon but were the rest officially issued or 'leaked'? FECC has the answer.

::rocks

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Presley looks good in these pics. Like if he had the whole world in his hand. And he still did at this point! But the 'image-shots' ruin it a bit for me though, those horrible glasses, the cigar, and that cane ...

Man, how incredibly beautiful Priscilla was! Just awesome.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 am

promiseland wrote:
jinjoe wrote:

Do you have one?

i have more than 1 :wink:

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I still believe the photos were taken in November as Elvis does not wear his new sunglasses with his initials on.
According to Jorgensen´s Day-by-Day Elvis bought those glasses on December 1. However, on page 281 in the same book there is a envelope with "1 frame EP 14kt solid gold in bridge" from Dennis B. Roberts´ Optique Boutique and written on the envelope is "Pd (paid) 11-18-70 so maybe Elvis got the glasses in mid-November.
There´s also the rings that don´t fit completely with the photos taken on Dec. 5 and forward.

I have 25 photos to this set plus another 5 that I believe were also taken the same day.
I´ll see if I can make a page for my website showing all the photos, but it won´t be earlier than tomorrow.
The photos are in all kinds of quality so if you have any in HQ please feel free to post them for inclusion on my website.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 pm

bripet56 wrote:I still believe the photos were taken in November as Elvis does not wear his new sunglasses with his initials on.
According to Jorgensen´s Day-by-Day Elvis bought those glasses on December 1. However, on page 281 in the same book there is a envelope with "1 frame EP 14kt solid gold in bridge" from Dennis B. Roberts´ Optique Boutique and written on the envelope is "Pd (paid) 11-18-70 so maybe Elvis got the glasses in mid-November.
There´s also the rings that don´t fit completely with the photos taken on Dec. 5 and forward.

I have 25 photos to this set plus another 5 that I believe were also taken the same day.
I´ll see if I can make a page for my website showing all the photos, but it won´t be earlier than tomorrow.
The photos are in all kinds of quality so if you have any in HQ please feel free to post them for inclusion on my website.

Elvis also looks as lean as he did during his November 10-17, 1970 tour.

So perhaps my suggestion the portrait session in Los Angeles happened during the Thanksgiving holiday is worth considering?

Thanksgiving Week 1970: November 23 (Mon) to 27 (Fri)
Thanksgiving Day 1970: November 26 (Thu)

There is a festive, "holiday" glow about the three in these beautiful photos.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I still believe the photos were taken in November as Elvis does not wear his new sunglasses with his initials on.

Elvis also looks as lean as he did during his November 10-17, 1970 tour.

So perhaps my suggestion the portrait session in Los Angeles happened during the Thanksgiving holiday is worth considering?

Thanksgiving Week 1970: November 23 (Mon) to 27 (Fri)

Thanksgiving Day 1970: November 26 (Thu)

There is a festive, "holiday" glow about the three in these beautiful photos.

Agree

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 am

Just added the first 12 of 30 photos from this photo session to my website.
More to follow very soon.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 pm

He looked so much better without those awfull huge classes.