Post here your Elvis' pictures

a DATE FOR THIS please

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:04 pm

I found this on a fb elvis page - please help with a date .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: a DATE FOR THIS please

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Never seen it before, great pic! Judging by the jacket and the tan, I'd say summer of 1971.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:25 pm

motleycrue wrote:I found this on a fb elvis page - please help with a date .

710200_on airplane with mom and daughter.JPG

Well, first of all it was taken on an airplane.

We see a bit of that crazy gold necklace, made by a guy named made by Mike McGregor, first seen in photos from the famous White House visit on December 21, 1970, and last captured in photos from May 1971. And the jacket is seen in some May 1971 Nashville photos.

However, since he looks a bit tan in the photo, my guess is it's circa February 1971, when he was playing his fourth International Hotel engagement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 pm

He was billed for the jacket on May 17, so I don't believe it was taken February. May, June or July is my guess.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:41 am

egilj wrote:He was billed for the jacket on May 17, so I don't believe it was taken February. May, June or July is my guess.

Do you have a scan?

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 pm

thank you DOCTOR JOHN and EGIL for the information -much appreciated.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

July 71 - Lake Tahoe

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
egilj wrote:He was billed for the jacket on May 17, so I don't believe it was taken February. May, June or July is my guess.

Do you have a scan?

Sorry, I don't. The bill can be seen on page 172 in Elvis Fashion - From Memphis to Vegas. The jacket is shown on the next page, along with the light blue jacket he wore at the rehearsal in Buffalo on 4-5-72, wich he also got invoiced for on 5-17-71.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you MotleyCrue for this rare 1971 pic !

Picture shot in the plane....

Ed

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 am

your welcome ed - it's not mine , glad you liked it .