Post here your Elvis' pictures

1977

Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm

These are Elvismomentsintime Rex pics! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1977

Thu May 30, 2013 9:06 pm

He never looked cooler.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:He never looked cooler.


A lot cooler than you :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by ian on Fri May 31, 2013 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am

Hey Hey Hey! 8)
Last edited by ian on Fri May 31, 2013 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 1:29 am

ian wrote:Hey phony guy, now you can get me suspended again, what with my sticking up for Elvis, that's just not right on this board now is it :?: :!: :?: :!:

Ian it's obvious that Elvis was very unwell in these photo's. But in saying that I really do admire that you stickup for the man that you see as Elvis no matter the year.
Don't let some of the elite around here make alaugh of you at you or elvis expense.
I just call it bullying.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 3:17 am

rizzy56 wrote:
ian wrote:Hey phony guy, now you can get me suspended again, what with my sticking up for Elvis, that's just not right on this board now is it :?: :!: :?: :!:

Ian it's obvious that Elvis was very unwell in these photo's. But in saying that I really do admire that you stickup for the man that you see as Elvis no matter the year.
Don't let some of the elite around here make alaugh of you at you or elvis expense.
I just call it bullying.


I just lost my cool, and posted those replies! 8) Thank's a lot for your response, I really appreciate it!! 8) :smt006 8) Yes, I edited my original responses, but they can still be seen. 8)
Last edited by ian on Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 3:24 am

ian wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
ian wrote:Hey phony guy, now you can get me suspended again, what with my sticking up for Elvis, that's just not right on this board now is it :?: :!: :?: :!:

Ian it's obvious that Elvis was very unwell in these photo's. But in saying that I really do admire that you stickup for the man that you see as Elvis no matter the year.
Don't let some of the elite around here make alaugh of you at you or elvis expense.
I just call it bullying.


I just lost my cool, and posted those replies! 8) Thank's a lot for your response, I really appreciate it!! 8) :smt006 8)

just enjoy the man and his music.

Re: 1977

Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 am

rizzy56 wrote:Ian it's obvious that Elvis was very unwell in these photo's. But in saying that I really do admire that you stickup for the man that you see as Elvis no matter the year.
Don't let some of the elite around here make alaugh of you at you or elvis expense.
I just call it bullying.


Seconded.

rizzy56 wrote:just enjoy the man and his music.


And quoted for truth. Wise words indeed.

Thanks for the pics Ian, I enjoyed them.


N8
... just a fan, including a '77 EP fan ....

Re: 1977

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am

We all know he wasn't a well man at this time, we all know of his problems with drugs and depression, yet he still went on stage, knowing how bad he looked, knowing how ill he was, to perform for his fans, I for one will always admire him for doing that.

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 am

Liverbobs wrote:We all know he wasn't a well man at this time, we all know of his problems with drugs and depression, yet he still went on stage, knowing how bad he looked, knowing how ill he was, to perform for his fans, I for one will always admire him for doing that.


His effort was not strictly altruistic.

Do you think Elvis would have gone on that stage in 1977 if he wasn't getting paid a lot of money?

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 am

Fair point Doc, but the fact that he did it looking, and no doubt, feeling like sh*t,as I've said, it's something that has my admiration, maybe he could have took an easier option by getting RCA to put out another compilation album :D Seriously though, it has been stated on more than one occasion, that one of the few pleasures he had left by this time, was performing for his fans, even though the shows were less than flawless.

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Liverbobs wrote:We all know he wasn't a well man at this time, we all know of his problems with drugs and depression, yet he still went on stage, knowing how bad he looked, knowing how ill he was, to perform for his fans, I for one will always admire him for doing that.


His effort was not strictly altruistic.

Do you think Elvis would have gone on that stage in 1977 if he wasn't getting paid a lot of money?

Or better yet if he didn't need a lot of money.

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:12 pm

It's hard to watch someone you love, suffer.

So that's why it's hard to watch him that year.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I always enjoy seeing a genuine smile regardless of the year.

I like that last pic.

Re: 1977

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Rob wrote:I always enjoy seeing a genuine smile regardless of the year.

I like that last pic.


I agree, Elvis had such a wonderful and unique smile, when he smiles during unchained melody from Rapid city on June 21st 1977, I find it both beautiful and heartbreaking.